Quantcast

Standout year.

Infantry

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
Besides peaty. I think kyle strait had a good season for his first year back to racing. Im stoked for him. Congrats.

I also think team usa did us pround at the world champs this year. Its good to see a strong usa team representing after all these years of being dominated by the rest of the world. 2009 world champs was insane.

Lopes top twenty. Crazy

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Don't get too far ahead of yourself. There's stilll WC finals at Schladming to be raced. Keep that seatbelt buckled!!!

I hear you, though. This has been one hell of a season. After last year, I didn't think this one would be as exciting. That's why they run the races!

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Besides peaty. I think kyle strait had a good season for his first year back to racing. Im stoked for him. Congrats.

I also think team usa did us pround at the world champs this year. Its good to see a strong usa team representing after all these years of being dominated by the rest of the world. 2009 world champs was insane.

Lopes top twenty. Crazy
word !

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
If this thread is about who stood out this year, for me, it's Gwin and Barel.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS

Lopes top twenty. Crazy
I agree, Kyle Strait is creeping closer to the front of the pack.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Did Lopes wreck in a berm? I thought I saw that on Freecaster but it was cutting out.
no, freecaster was kinda just doing a "recap" and for some reason put that guys crash as they were showing lopes. lopes was in the hot seat for about 20 riders.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Strait has been a consistent top-30 over the last couple of years, but he's been really focusing on the DH this year and it is showing. He looked SOLID at worlds...even tossed a sick whip in his race run if I recall correctly.
The current crop of US racers has a TON of potential for the seasons to come. Maybe this will take some of the pressure off riders like Strobel, Riffle, etc. who had been single-handedly carrying the stars-n-stripes on their backs the last couple of years.

Peat, Barel and Gwin are the three big stories of this season, IMHO.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Lopes is a major big story too. 18th place is huge for a old guy whose only raced a handful of DH races in the last few years.

Gwin's riding this year has been nothing short of phenomenal. 2nd year racing mens elite and podiums is ridic.

As for Schladming, I cant wait to see what Hill and Blinky do there. Its gonna be a rad finish to the season.

as lastly of course, what a ****ing year for peaty, i mean really. just ****ing rad to see him do what he's done. Will be rad to see him ride with the Champ stripes most of next year.