Quantcast

stars & bars dh movie is so freaking sweet!

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
I picked up a copy at Belmont WheelWorks yesterday, they had a few in there.

My DVD player is broked though :disgust:
I was about to order it but then my roomate's copy arrived thursday.

Also-

Rad movie dude, much props. Loved AOG, but stars & bars killed it...if you have any doubts pick up this movie.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Great vid. I think some of the stuff in the extras is better than the main movie stuff i.e. Jonty dirt jumping and Joel Bain cornering.

My one complaint is all the ugly a$$ kits. But I suppose that is personal preference but Cody Warren for the win!

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Just got to see it yesterday and wanted to add my praise to the heap. Best movie soundtrack I can remember and just nonstop goodness. Great work guys.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Great job! Seriously! It was refreshing to see some sweet tracks on our home soil!

Is that Northstar with the sprinkler system on the psuedo-Aline trail? Now that is commitment! We need more of that kind of dedication to sustainable trails and trail building!

Are you going to follow these guys around on the WC circuit this season? "Stars & Bars - European Vacation" haha

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
sylent--
yup, thats their newest trail 'livewire'....
man, i wish i could be goin out to europe!
but at least goin to st. anne & bromont,
so twice as many wc's as lastyear!

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
DVD arrived at my office this afternoon.. now I know why the IT department took all our DVD/CDrom readers away ;-)

Awesome vid, the soundtrack was great.
It's always a treat to see dry dirt and dust flying... it's been so wet and cold up here in Vancouver this winter.

Allout for Jesus :p

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
just watched it. Brad Benedicts part was sooo sick. Loved the sound track too great job All Out Productions!! The bush speech intro was priceless.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I love that movie! In the Angel Fire part look for a kid in blue dickies and a red TLD jersey taking photos on the 4X :)

I get my own 2 seconds of "DH video fame." Giggidy

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
Just watched.....what a awesome film.....great work, the best soundtrack on all race videos.

Is the filmaker making another movie this year?????
It would be great to see a total coverage of World Cup.
Or some races of the first semester in Europe this year like, Maribor, Andorra, FortBill and Worlds.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
F'n rad movie. Best soundtrack I've heard in a bike movie yet.
Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden.....f**k yes!

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
First of all, great vid - loved it.

It's funny when I watch a new video for the first time, a few quirky things always stand out. For this movie it was two things.

1) The soundtrack seemed like it followed the same format as the Earthed series (not a bad thing).

2) The guy in black in the Livewire segment must have forgotten to take his Ritalin. Jesus, that guy was all over the place throwing whips off every little pebble. This is not a criticism of the rider of film. It's just that you have someone like, say, Sam H whose body is really quiet on one side of the spectrum and this guy whose body is constantly in motion on the other side of the spectrum. Again, not a criticism, just something that caught my attention because it is different than the normal race footage.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
2) The guy in black in the Livewire segment must have forgotten to take his Ritalin. Jesus, that guy was all over the place throwing whips off every little pebble. This is not a criticism of the rider of film. It's just that you have someone like, say, Sam H whose body is really quiet on one side of the spectrum and this guy whose body is constantly in motion on the other side of the spectrum. Again, not a criticism, just something that caught my attention because it is different than the normal race footage.

Brad and Ryan's segment at northstar was by far my favorite.

Long lanky guys, body english and video are a winning combination :D

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
O had given up on movies. Earthed was my last stand, but 5 was very disappointing IMHO.

I am now enthused to seek this out and watchify!

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Brad and Ryan's segment at northstar was by far my favorite.

Long lanky guys, body english and video are a winning combination :D
It's probably my favorite segment too. And frankly, race footage down livewire would probably be boring. I'd much rather see a whipfest.

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Picked up "Floatin'" the other day... all I can say is wow
Normally I don't care for DJ/Street/Freestyle/whatever but loved this movie. A great soundtrack, good vibe, and great editing, not to mention some crazy riding. Theo I hope you're putting out a movie or two in 2009