Quantcast

State Champs Track Unveiling

Apr 26, 2008
26 West invites YOU and your BIG BIKE, on Sunday, September 28, to come test the 2008 State Champs DH track! It will be open only to expert and pro riders from 1 – 4pm. The full DH track offers 800’ of pure racing fun, and is the first run to descend the entire park.
The Village DH trail is in perfect shape and is nearly half of this year’s DH track. It will be open to all classes of racers, with beginners finishing on cobblestones in the village. All racers who are not beginners - Pro/Am – will descend 400’ further to a new finish area.
Race Schedule:
10/17 Fri 10-4pm DH Practice, Pro DH Qualifying 4-6pm
10/18 Sat 9:30-11am DH Mandatory Practice/Inspection, Rider Meeting in Village 11:30am, Race Starts 12pm at upper lift station
10/19 Sun All Day Racer Park Pass will be available

Come check out the new track, grill out and chat about who will win a crown this year!
RIDE 26 WEST!

Apr 26, 2008
Pro men and women will qualify Friday afternoon. Racers unable to qualify are encouraged to show up early for Saturday's practice, attend the rider meeting and then race as a last seed.

Slalom racing will make a return to the mountain in early November. The official word will come on the heels of a completed course.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
hmmmmm i wonder if i could make a trifecta bday party, clemson tailgate, 26 west race out of that weekend.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wait, I didn't get a crown last year. :disgust1: But I will accept a belated tiara.
My daughters said you can have either the purple Barbie Tiara with gold speckles and comb teeth that help it stay in your hair...or the pink boa feather covered Sleeping Beauty tiara with lifelike replica photo of Briar Rose.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
bummer, 1.5 hour practice on saturday? i can't swing the whole hotel/2 day off bit this year and 1.5 hours isn't enough time for me to practice and coach noah through a course as well. oh well, i'll try and make it for a full day of lift riding sometime before closing.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
bummer, 1.5 hour practice on saturday? i can't swing the whole hotel/2 day off bit this year and 1.5 hours isn't enough time for me to practice and coach noah through a course as well. oh well, i'll try and make it for a full day of lift riding sometime before closing.
40-45 minute drive from my driveway to the park. hint.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
hmmm, that might work...i'm still waiting for the furniture market off-duty schedule to be finalized. i'm off that day from regular work but if i'm assigned to work off-duty for the market that day i probably won't be able to make it. thanks for the offer mang!