Quantcast

Stem help

bru

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My cheapo stem is slowly perishing so I gotta order me up a new one. From the catalogs at my shop I can get any from WTP, Primo, Kink, Macneil, FBM, Fit, Solid, and Snafu (maybe S&M too). I want one with built in gyro tabs for sure and a front loader is nice to work on. I also don't want any more undersized non-metric hardware. So far I really like the Snafu Armstrong. The 8mm bolt and replacable nut seems solid but will that one big bolt clamp as well as 2 smaller bolts. Any experience or an I gonna have to be the guinea pig?

Should I avoid it and stick with something like the Kink frontloader or S&M redneck?

Also, any online sites similar to www.bmx-test.com with good product reviews?

bru

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
no, it's a one bolt steerer clamp with one huge 8mm bolt and a replacable nut instead of tapping the stem. I don't know what's better, that or a couple 6mm bolts threaded into the stem

bru

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, since nobody had anything good to say about the snafu and I wasn't really sure of it, I ended up going with the Kink Frontloader. It won against the S&M because I hate mon-metric hardware and the Fit because it is bottom loading and I know that'll be a pian to work on. Plus it is the lightest and has some cool features like bolt on tabs. Thank's to Echo's local boys!