Quantcast

Stems and tires...

Do aesthetics matter to you???

• Yes - labels must line up in the center of the writing.

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No - I lack so much self respect that it doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Definitely - I can't even have tires without labels on both sides of the tire.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Who cares??? It's a bike.

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
nothing bothers me more than when i am riding some sweet single track and I look down and see my tire logo is not lined up with the valve. i feel humiliated and ashamed

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Skookum said:
No sir, i did not miss that post. Nobody NEEDS this kind of guage to either help find or fix a flat.

Busted i sez....:p

OH CRAP, my lables and stem aren't lined up. how am I suppossed to fix this flat?

TELL ME, HOW?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
chicodude said:
OH CRAP, my lables and stem aren't lined up. how am I suppossed to fix this flat?

TELL ME, HOW?
First you get off of your mt. bike and find a very clean work environment off the side of the trail. This can very difficult sometimes. Carrying a rolled up sheet of plastic in your camelback can do the trick, unroll it out and voila, you have a clean workspace.

Ok now before you dive into the flat tire grab some paper towels and remove any possible grease from your shock that might have escaped. You do not want this possible contaminant on your tire and GOD forbid your fork stanchion might have residue! Anways replace dirty towel in a ziplock freezer bag, important to always double bag.

Grab your spoke tensioner. You want to make certain that your rim is properly aligned before changing the tire. Don't want to appear as if you're not on top of things.

Take your brake rotor and do a quick clean with some rubbing alcohol. You did remember to bring your rubbing alcohol didn't you????? Make sure you triple bag the towels from this clean up.

Take a toothbrush and gently scrub the sidewalls eliminating any possible chance of mud or dirt entering the inside of the tire during the replacement.

You are now ready to fix your flat.....

J

JRB

Skookum said:
First you get off of your mt. bike and find a very clean work environment off the side of the trail. This can very difficult sometimes. Carrying a rolled up sheet of plastic in your camelback can do the trick, unroll it out and voila, you have a clean workspace.

Ok now before you dive into the flat tire grab some paper towels and remove any possible grease from your shock that might have escaped. You do not want this possible contaminant on your tire and GOD forbid your fork stanchion might have residue! Anways replace dirty towel in a ziplock freezer bag, important to always double bag.

Grab your spoke tensioner. You want to make certain that your rim is properly aligned before changing the tire. Don't want to appear as if you're not on top of things.

Take your brake rotor and do a quick clean with some rubbing alcohol. You did remember to bring your rubbing alcohol didn't you????? Make sure you triple bag the towels from this clean up.

Take a toothbrush and gently scrub the sidewalls eliminating any possible chance of mud or dirt entering the inside of the tire during the replacement.

But wait - I still didn't get how to fix the flat. I just have a clean bike and a nice work space at this point. :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
loco said:
But wait - I still didn't get how to fix the flat. I just have a clean bike and a nice work space at this point. :D
If you live tidy, organized, and clean, things will fix themselves on their own.:p

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Skookum said:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Skookum said:
No sir, i did not miss that post. Nobody NEEDS this kind of guage to either help find or fix a flat.

Busted i sez....:p
I remember reading somewhere that it was an XC racer thing and that it was done for the reasons stated above - I guess it would help you not F it up by re-inflating and popping a tube because you didnt find the thorn or whatever popped the first tube.

I don't line them up for any particular reason...