Quantcast

Steve Smith signs with Devinci. Pics and Video of the new bike!

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
I knew Stevie was young but in that interview it says he just turned 21 in November. Thats insane! Seems likes hes had potential to win for a few years and is a WC veteran but still so young.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
So the question is, where does this leave Evil Bikes? Is anyone riding for them this year? As for Steve, great move. I think that frame design will be the next Sunday as for marketability.

Cecil

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Seems like a pretty good move for Stevie. Kinda seems like a lateral move though; I would have liked to see him go to a bigger team where he could get lots of support and have a mentor.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Zink on Evil and Monster. For me that fits nicely. Hopefully it doesn't end with a desaster like the felt-story...
He won the Red Bull Rampage and is now sponsored by Monster energy... Now that's ironic.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I find it strange that Zink would jump from Mike and Corsair when hes done well with them, especially considering how sketchy some of his previous sponsors were. He seems smart though, and I hope he rocks that bike.

Hopefully he can get a warranty if it cracks. :D

I kid, I kid.

Smith is the man.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Even After he won the Rampage on their bike...:think:
Why would they? He probably signed a contract that provided him with bikes and support, etc. but no salary. He could win the world cup, world champs, the Olympics, and the rampage and they'd have no obligation to pay him.

Though you may have managed to put your thumb on why he's riding a different bike.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
This is such great news! I mean, the rider support on that team isn't very good because I am not sure if there are any other wc riders on the team with him yet, but as for the company, I am stoked. That new devinci is a super sick bike!

ekimox

Monkey
Jun 17, 2009
Gabe knows how to build a team and Devinci, with plenty of money for development and support, will probably have a pretty stout team in the next couple years.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Worst kept secret indeed! LoL...

Congrats to Steve! He is a super talented rider and a great guy too! I look forward to seeing him tear it up under the new sponsorship and to see what kind of tweaks Devinci makes to the Wilson as the year progresses under the new DGR WC team. The Blackbox spot was pretty unexpected, but it couldn't go to a more well-deserving rider.

As for Evil - like I said before, there is a WC team for 2011 and it would seem the Zink addition is out of the bag so no worries there. Keep an eye peeled on the internets for more info coming out in the near future. ;)

Last edited: