Quantcast

Stir it up.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man this song rocks!!!

I've been totally digging bob marley for a few weeks now. We were playing it a lot in our mustang in Cali it was so damn fitting!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
golgiaparatus said:
:confused: Mustang + California = Bob Marley?
Just crusing around with the top down......nowhere to go nothing to do warm weather...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
golgiaparatus said:
Its about causing some rukus in your drop top mustang (you kow stirrin shi+ up) while cruizin in SoCal.

Ughhhh you friggan music nazis!!!

I wasn't talking about causing a rukus or anything in my mustang. Yes I know very little about bob marley but I am slowly learning.

This is worthless....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Hey, c'mon. ANY Bob is good Bob. Be nice, you'll scare him away. :)

Hey Stosh, go listen to some more BOB. It's good for ya. And never mind what them music nazis say. Just enjoy the groove! :thumb:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Music nazis...snicker, snicker...

Not trying to steer the man from Bob, mind you, as he is my all time favorite musician. Just lookin' out for the boy so he doesn't say something silly like one of my fraternity brothers once did-

"Ya know, Marley's version of I Shot the Sheriff is OK, but I prefer the the Clapton original much better."

I verbally assailed him more mercilessly than anyone on RM as ever come close to receiving.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
That's funny. I used to have real long hair and a beard during college and wore it up in a tam constantly. I never laughed so hard as when Homer donned one in that Simpsons episode where they go to a lollapalooza-type festival and Lisa castigates him for it... :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
stosh said:
Ughhhh you friggan music nazis!!!

I wasn't talking about causing a rukus or anything in my mustang. Yes I know very little about bob marley but I am slowly learning.

This is worthless....
Stosh has got to have kaya now, Stosh has got to have kaya now... he's got to have kaya now, for the drop top mustang she is a cruizin'.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
llkoolkeg said:
Music nazis...snicker, snicker...

Not trying to steer the man from Bob, mind you, as he is my all time favorite musician. Just lookin' out for the boy so he doesn't say something silly like one of my fraternity brothers once did-

"Ya know, Marley's version of I Shot the Sheriff is OK, but I prefer the the Clapton original much better."

I verbally assailed him more mercilessly than anyone on RM as ever come close to receiving.

Hey LL...
Got two music pics for you.

Charlie Hunter has a great album that is jazz versions of Marley tunes...
Bill Laswell also has some great "after hours" style marley mixes.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
llkoolkeg said:
That's funny. I used to have real long hair and a beard during college and wore it up in a tam constantly. I never laughed so hard as when Homer donned one in that Simpsons episode where they go to a lollapalooza-type festival and Lisa castigates him for it... :D

What about the episode where they are in the airport waiting for a flight to "anywhere" and homer is all Rasta'd out, and says:

"Me wants to go to Jamacia man... Pass the Dubie to the left hand side..."

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
-BB- said:
What about the episode where they are in the airport waiting for a flight to "anywhere" and homer is all Rasta'd out, and says:

"Me wants to go to Jamacia man... Pass the Dubie to the left hand side..."
Woe is me! I have not seen that episode. As far as herbal references on the Simpsons, the show is so replete with them, there is NO WAY Groening is not a stoner. It's funny he substituted the more widely known term "dubie" for the actual word used in the song, "cutchie". "Pass the Cutchie", a cutchie being slang for a ceremonial clay pipe utilized in sacramental cannabis smoking by rastas, later morphed into the less blatant term "dutchie". :evil:

-BB- said:
Charlie Hunter has a great album that is jazz versions of Marley tunes...
Bill Laswell also has some great "after hours" style marley mixes."
Hmmmmm. I have some Charlie Parker, but no Charlie Hunter. I'll have to check those out. One funny reggae-ized collection I listened to was a tribute to the Grateful Dead where all the tunes were covered island stylee. I couldn't help but see comparisons with the joke-act "Dread Zeppelin". :D