Quantcast

Stolen Baby Blue Transition Double @ Whistler

MattPatt

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
A, A
This past weekend in Whistler my brand spanking new baby blue Transition Double, size small, was stolen while locked in the parking garage of the Whistler Village Inn and Suites (where the hotel requested the bikes be stored). More info about that here.

08 Transition Double frame, size small, color baby blue.
08 Fox RP23 Air shock
08 Fox 36 TALAS RC2 (titanium gray)
Gravity Light Cranks Mega Exxo external BB
SDG Carbon I-Beam seatpost and white SDG Bel Air ST saddle
SRAM X.9 rear trigger shifter
SRAM X.9 med cage rear derailleur
Silver Avid Juicy 7 disc brakes front and rear
E13 LG-1 Chainguide (black)
Deity Dirty30 handlebar and stem (white)
FSA Orbit extreme headset (silver)
Red salsa seatpost collar
Red Twenty6 sixfoe pedals with Ti Spindles
Red Twenty6 brake levers with Dirt Corps engraving
Red Twebty6 bar ends with Dirt Corps star engraved
Black Transition 32 Revolution wheels
Maxxis Highroller semi-slick tires

Here’s a picture of the bike almost completely built.

It was built up very nicely and was my pride and joy... :sad: Any help locating the bike or parts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers.

--matt

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Matt that sucks. I'll help keep an eye out for it. Your story sounds like mine when my Yeti was stolen. To this day, I can't help but think that the Hotel staff were in on the theft. Part of this feeling comes from the way they dealt with me, part of it was the circumstances.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Its this sort of thing that really puts me off of going to Whistler.

At least here I can legally keep my shotgun in the truck. Someone would hunted and killed over stealing my Yeti.

More and more I think you're right about the staff being in on things. Start packing baseball bats. I'll take a deportation over my bike.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
i'll keep an eye out next week... that really sucks matt. If i see your bike i'll punch the biatch in the throat then bring your bike home.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Its this sort of thing that really puts me off of going to Whistler.

At least here I can legally keep my shotgun in the truck. Someone would hunted and killed over stealing my Yeti.

More and more I think you're right about the staff being in on things. Start packing baseball bats. I'll take a deportation over my bike.
Sweet so then they would steel your bike and shotgun:imstupid:

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
If that was the place provided by the hotel to store it, shouldn't they respond for it? is like when you valet your car, it is now at the hotel under their responsibility, if something happens the hotel is liable. Or do they make you sign a waiver?

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
I am heading up there this weekend and staying in the same place. After reading your post, I decided to contact them. They said that they suggest that people keep bikes in their rooms. Of course they require a $100 deposit.

dudeman

Chimp
Mar 28, 2008
Oly
Man that sucks. You would think the local security or police would throw out some bait with lojack bikes. It seems to be an organized crime ring up there.

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
Whats the Serial Number??
We'll see if Matt knows... but...

It is worth noting that this is both a new color and the new larger rear bearing. Size small there are only a few out their in that color, etc... maybe 12 worldwide? Definitely not many like that one out there yet. Odds are if one is being sold already... well you get the drift.

Bummer dude, sorry to hear about this.

For hotels, can I suggest "The Gables" if you have a larger group... outside entrance and ample bike room. Super close to the lifts without being RIGHT in the village. Not to mention they are really nice places, with a kitchen, etc.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Sorry to here about your bike. That thing was beautiful. On a side note the summit lodge has underground parking and its pretty easy to sneak bikes up the elevator to your room.

Burton_350z

Chimp
Feb 13, 2008
i stayed in the executive inn and they have a bike room (same area) and was thinking about staying at the Whistler inn... this weekend... i think we are just day tripping it saturday.. but i will def. keep my eyes open for you man.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
I heard a story where someone kept their bike in their hotel room at whistler while they were sleeping, and yet someone broke into the room, stole the bike, and got away. So that makes me think that the staff of the hotel had to have been in on it. How would they know a bike was in there. Also some random thief would have gotten caught easily in a hotel and you can't pick a lock, when you have to put the card in that little slot to unlock the door. So I bet, a cleaning person, or just a hotel employee got away with the bike, because every cleaning person and hotel worker has a card that gets them into any room.

Also, I bet there is some organized theft up there. It seems like every year at Crankworx, trailers are being broke into, and tons of bikes stolen. These guys who are stealing the bikes must know what they are doing. Also, does anyone know Whistler is doing about bike theft? It seems like it happens WAY too much. I say what they do is, is get like a really nice bike lock it up somewhere, and then hide and surround the area. Then when the theif comes, sneak up on him and whoop his ass. I got the idea from cops, like when the police dress up as drug buyers, and then sneak up on the drug dealer.

Last edited:

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
... when you have to put the card in that little slot to unlock the door. So I bet, a cleaning person, or just a hotel employee got away with the bike, because every cleaning person and hotel worker has a card that gets them into any room.
When I was up there recently, I inadvertently came across a way to very easily get a duplicate room card-key.