Quantcast

STOlEN BIKE F*CK

Cwilly006

Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
I was gettng tired of reading about the low lifes that have been stealing bikes and what do you know it happened to me. I went into my friends house and left the bike outsie. I went in and came out ten minutes later and it was gone. The bike is a 2004 Chase basically stock except for a Thomson post and stem and an sdg seat. This bike was stolen in Pine Hills which is in Lake Placid New york. So if you are ever up here riding whiteface and you see it giv me a call at 637-2039
chase

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
damn. i feel to lucky to live in such a good area. i can go into the supermarker for 30 minutes leaving my downhill bike outside, and it is always there. but, i lock it anyways (usually).

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
mcA896 said:
damn. i feel to lucky to live in such a good area. i can go into the supermarker for 30 minutes leaving my downhill bike outside, and it is always there. but, i lock it anyways (usually).
:stupid:

I could leave my bike, unlocked, on the street outside my house for a whole day and no one would take it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
esp in a little town like lake placid. a friend had his bullit stolen here in SF. who knows who took it?

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I live in a pretty good area but I don't leave my bike unlocked out of my reach for even a minute. If I can't take it inside I leave it behind my sqeaky gate so I can hear someone coming. If its in the garage its locked, even if I'm running in to use the bathroom. Some say I'm a little too overcautious but I still have my bike.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, I bought a $5 cable which I use to run into stores, etc. It won't hold up to tools, but it will take you a minute, which is all I need to punch out a thief.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
Where I live, locks just keep the honest people from stealing bikes.

Good luck, I hope you get it back...mine got jacked last November and I am just now building up a replacement.

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
Bike thives suck ass. :angry:

The little scum suckers who took my Stab were damn lucky I didnt catch them the night it went, my buddy Rich was talking shotguns. :devil:

Then the wee idiots ditched the frame and my custom floating brake somewhere, so I couldnt even get it back when the Cops caught them! :mumble:

So anyway I feel your pain and frustration Cwilly, you may get a new bike but its just not the same.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am heading down to snowshoe tonight or tomorrow, so i went out and bought the NYC lock from kryptonite, that damn thing weighs 10 lbs and comes with keys that look like they are for a bmw, noone is taking my bike. knock on wood.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Cwilly006 said:
Im pretty sure i know who took it so do I play vigilante or go to the cops

Just be damn sure the person you beat down is the one that actually stole your ride. You don't want to catch an assault charge and still have no bike!

:nuts:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
Cwilly006 said:
Im pretty sure i know who took it so do I play vigilante or go to the cops

in the words of Marcellus Wallace, "What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."

that's what ya do

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Cwilly006 said:
Found it ditched behind a local school the kid tried rippin the stickers off
Does the kid know that you found it? And how long did he have it?

If it was long enough for him to bring it home, and he doesn't know you recovered it - I'd put some flyers around his neighborhood about the stolen bike... and make sure to knock on the door and hand one to his parents.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
if i was you, and i knew where he lived, i would knock on his door, and if his parents answer, ask for him, and beat him to near death with a set of handle bars. THAT is the best thing to do in a situation like this. beat them.