Quantcast

Stolen Demo 8 at mountain creek Pro GRT 5/20/2012

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
my buddy had his bike stolen from the rock garden in mountain creek Pro-GRT watching Gwin pin it today. Thinking it would be safe halfway up the mountain. Its a 2012 Demo II stock build except for Answer bars/stem. If any/all of you would keep an eye out for shady deals or similar part spec locally or on the internet it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

AtomikMan

Chimp
Nov 12, 2007
United States of America
That sucks BAD! This stuff ALWAYS happens on race weekends. I think out-of-towners do it, knowing they won't be back 'till next year, and it gives the mountain (and Jersey) a bad name. I think I can speak for most of the locals when I say NONE of us would ever snatch another riders bike. It's like stealing your friend's girl.

Aug 25, 2011
West Milford, NJ, 'MERICA
Ya Race weekends is when stuff gets stolen, Drunken idiots dont want to walk so they take bikes. I am sure eventually itll turn up. Usually you'd think everyone would be mindful and cool and races, but thats the opposite. **** always gets stolen on big weekends. Opening weekend, US Open Last Year, always keep your stuff locked!

I am Creek Local, always there helping in the shop and riding the trails. is there a serial number? I can look for it, also will be at almost all GES and east coast races. Will keep an eye out

Also, file a police report snd claim a home owners claim, my 951 was covered when stolen

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I post this all the time but bikes getting ganked from Snowshoe at one point wound up being found in a local kids basement at a party a month or two after Monster Park. Luckily the dude that spotted them worked at the park and knew the exact bikes or they'd never be seen again.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
Stealing is unacceptable but nothing is safe even if locked up. A 16" bolt cutter will fit in a back pack and will cut loose most pad locks in 10 seconds

If I'm not on my bike a buddy is with it, one of us stays with the bikes when we get our lift tickets

A theif in my book is as low as a pedafile on the scumbag chart...

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
Sorry to hear man, my bike was out @ the top of garden man, I kept walking back to check. Will keep an eye out as well man ! Hope it turns up. This is F'd up !

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
such sh!tty news dude. im surprised this hasnt happened previously when everyone was hanging out in the rock garden during the US Open.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Nothing new. I decided long ago that unless I am racing, not to bring a bike to races.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Ive been dragging along my TNT board lock for when I am not right next to my bike. Always parked in front of people so that a thief cant be sure if the owner or a friend is watching.

If I really leave it alone, I cable lock it to my rack which is locked to the car, and I always park in visible spots around people that know me so as to notice when a non 6'8" person (or otherwise dissimilar in appearance) attempts to feck with the Falcon.

This is ANYWHERE - niceville bumbaf**k, or NYC - thieves are everywhere. Whistler is (or at least used to be) the WORST!

watch your fancy crap closely, dont sleep, and make sure people know you and your bike(s)!!

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
Ive been dragging along my TNT board lock for when I am not right next to my bike. Always parked in front of people so that a thief cant be sure if the owner or a friend is watching.

If I really leave it alone, I cable lock it to my rack which is locked to the car, and I always park in visible spots around people that know me so as to notice when a non 6'8" person (or otherwise dissimilar in appearance) attempts to feck with the Falcon.

This is ANYWHERE - niceville bumbaf**k, or NYC - thieves are everywhere. Whistler is (or at least used to be) the WORST!

watch your fancy crap closely, dont sleep, and make sure people know you and your bike(s)!!
Well we all know you didn't do it. Word is you got jumped by a rock garden & a few trees, and they kept your shoulder.