Quantcast

Stolen Dh Bike

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
I know its a shot in the dark but my DH bike was stolen from my hotel here in maribor last nite/early this morning...

2008 YETI 303 DH size medium with team specs SHIMANO ALL OVER. 30inch SUNLINE CUSTOM BARS. WHITE FOX 40. BLUE/SILVER CRANK BROTHERS 50/50 with 17mm set screw pins.

If anyone sees or hears of anything especially euro monkeys id be so stoked...looks like im missing out of racing dh but would KILL someone to at least get my bike back...

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Man that sucks Mikey.

Kill All Bike Thieves!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

NO SH!T!! Had too many of these experiences my self over the years. Sorry to hear Mike, and sorry I cant be more help here in Seattle. Last bke theft 'situation' I was in, my knife almost got me in alot of trouble
:shocked: F'n dirtbags

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Dude, that sucks! Hope you can find something to borrow for the DH race.

Good luck in 4x.

Eyes will be watching in SLO for any 303's.

Segunda

Chimp
May 7, 2007
I'll keep a lookout on the Dutch/German interwebs. Damn whomever stole it must had no idea what he was stealing, pretty rare stuff and hard to sell IMHO...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
or,

it has been stolen to order.
Don't start with some conspiracy theory. This is not as expensive as a sports car and russia is quite far away ;) Probably it will pop up after like 3-4months. If we'll be lucky and the thief is stupid he will not dissasemble the bike but low chances for that so I'd look the web for the parts (ie. if there is one seller selling all of them).

BTW. Anyone knows any Slovenian auction forum? Cuz we say german and other countries but it's quite likely that it will popup somewhere there.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I have nearly the exact same bike.
If its in Europe, chances are it may make an appearance in Morzine area.
I will chat to anyone I see with a 2008 303. Let me know some details of your frame (ie serial number, any markings etc) that I can use to recognize if its yours.
They are rare as hen's teeth here and it won't be hard.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
I dont have a record of the serial number yet..have to find that from yeti this week but i do know that the rear shock has a hand engraving on top that say "YETI 08" and the same engraving on the bottom of the fork steertube. the silver ring on the bottom crown.
The big thing is the bars are custom length 30inch wide sunline V2 OS bars. and the grips will be a pain to get off as they were wedged in with the extension. that should make it near impossible to get the bars seperated from the brakes and shifter.

I have nearly the exact same bike.
If its in Europe, chances are it may make an appearance in Morzine area.
I will chat to anyone I see with a 2008 303. Let me know some details of your frame (ie serial number, any markings etc) that I can use to recognize if its yours.
They are rare as hen's teeth here and it won't be hard.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Atleast you know that whoever took the bike off the balcony either racked their nuts super hard on the top tube / stem or their face met the concrete. Hopefully they got what was coming to them taking a bike with a rear freewheel that doesnt properly work.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Sorry for your loss, such a nice looking rig.....damn thieves! :disgust1:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
When several DH bikes were stolen a few years back at Snowshoe, Kalen found them in the basement of a local punks house at a party one night when he was looking for a place to recreate.

That bike is probably still local within 1 hour. Herndon's custom 1 off Trek DH was stolen at Beech Mtn one year and the following summer it turned up 2 hours away, again with young punks at a local college, Western Carolina University.

So basicly, get in touch with the track builders of Maribor and tell them a local turd took it. Chances are...they'll probably know who.

HeyLady

Monkey
Apr 13, 2006
Concord, CA
Part of the problem is logistics - being so far away and not speaking the language. The police report is a joke, we have NO idea what it says and can't even figure out if the officer's name is on it.:bonk:

I think the bike may have been stolen "to order", because they didn't take the 4X bikes, the other DH (Ironhorse), or any of the gear, etc. Mikey's cash, phone and wallet were sitting right on the table next ot the bike and they didn't even touch it.

I'd love to see it turn up, and hope that any Euro monkeys will help us keep an eye out for the bike or any sign that someone's trying to sell it.

Thanks!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
You have more of a chance at seeing it again than if it was an Ironhorse....

I'm certainly going to be talking to anyone I see with an '08 303. At least I have a conversation starter in the fact that mine's similar. And you have given us easily recognisable features...

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
the only identifying mark that isnt really easily removed is that it has "YETI 08" engraved on the top of the resevoir on the rear shock right about to PP knob.