Quantcast

**STOLEN** Steve Peat and Sam Hill's WC Bikes

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
DylanDeanDesign said:
not sayin you didn't. just sayin that most people only bring 1 or maybe 2 bikes w/ them when they travel. & when the option of a "typically" secure trailer to keep your bikes in is available, would you rather carry all of your bikes around w/ you every where you go? condo's can get broken into easily too.
I absolutely carry my bikes everywhere I go outside my condo. I don't go into restaurants unless they let me bring the thing in.

You and I both know 10 seconds with a bolt cutter breaks into a trailer sitting off by itself at night. A room with other people around is definitely more secure. I know whistler's history with theft and I do everything I can to prevent my own story. And there's no way in hell I'd leave a bike outside in a trailer in that place.

While I'm here, luc brought this up. We're going to whistler in a few weeks. Luc's bike looks JUST LIKE SAM HILL'S. If you see a skinny guy with a green sunday and boxxer WC complaining about getting his bike muddy in a funny french accent, PLEASE DO NOT KILL HIM. He's freindly.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
its like bringing your young kid to Disneyland and taking your eyes off of him for one second. My young cousin about 9 now, went there with my ant a few years ago and well...when my ant realized he had left here she went direct to security, they rushed here into a room with monitors watching over the hole park and they told her "find your kid on one of these screens, but remember your kid probably has different clothes on and a wig or new hair cut" (this was only a few minutes, 2-3 after my ant realized my cousin wasn't with here). So alarmed she looked through the screen and sure enough there was a man holding his arm and walking outside of the park and the kid (my cousin) now had a different hair cut and complete different clothes on. She says it was the scariest thing in her life, now the kid has trouble leaving the house with my ants okay.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
No, but do it anyways. Sneak it in by taking the wheels off and having people carry pieces of it.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
They do not. You will have to go in a back door with the bikes. Just make sure you clean any mud off with the pressure washers by the lift.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Im going to the camp anyone else been to whistler for the SGC camp and know what they do with bikes? maybe they have a special deal with the hotel to let the campers ( me ) bring my bike in. I will give Andrew Sandro a call my friend got his cell phone number it helps to get your answers quickly from the source.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
zmtber said:
yeah who ever gives that number out is an extreme idiot
Whoever posts crap like that is an idiot.

I can just see the conversation now...

"ZOMG GUYS I GOT ANDREW SHANDRO'S NUMEBR#@!*(Y%!(#@^%!()!1111oneoneone! I SHOULD CALL AND TELL HIM I'M GOING TO SUMMER GHEY CAMP!!@*%!(1111"

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
ThePriceSeliger said:
I would imagine that it may be over the top to have proof, since alot of people don't keep reciptes and it could have been a used bike, unless they are tracked by serial number.

I would also imagine they have spare bikes, possibly.
I believe a lot of pros' bikes are stamped with their names under the bottom bracket shell (where most bikes have the serial number). I saw Thomas Allier's BMX bike (GT), and it had his last name stamped into the frame.

Nevertheless, Whister has to do something about all of these bikes getting stolen. So far it's been Pruitt, Hill and Peat, but you could only imagine how many more victims are out there...these are the ones we hear about.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
blt2ride said:
I believe a lot of pros' bikes are stamped with their names under the bottom bracket shell (where most bikes have the serial number). I saw Thomas Allier's BMX bike (GT), and it had his last name stamped into the frame.

Nevertheless, Whister has to do something about all of these bikes getting stolen. So far it's been Pruitt, Hill and Peat, but you could only imagine how many more victims are out there...these are the ones we hear about.
Well, the sad thing is, unlike most bike thefts, I am sure the people stealing these bikes know something about bikes.

I bet the file comes out first thing...

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
kidwoo said:
While I'm here, luc brought this up. We're going to whistler in a few weeks. Luc's bike looks JUST LIKE SAM HILL'S. If you see a skinny guy with a green sunday and boxxer WC complaining about getting his bike muddy in a funny french accent, PLEASE DO NOT KILL HIM. He's freindly.
There were less than 10 Monster Energy Team colored/decaled frames made this season. Other that Luc and one of the guys in the Iron Horse sales dept, the only ones with these bikes would be Sam, Justin, Sean (team mgr) and Jacy (mechanic). I have one front triangle here too but that's it. If you see one out at a race, on the mountain, or for sale get the info to me directly. Any tips that lead to arrest and/or return of the bikes will be rewarded! All tips can be kept confidential.

Don't feel bad ratting someone out if you know anything about it!!

-ska todd

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
specializedride said:
my dad bought it. but then he also bought me a downhill bike, i've got a cool dad...:wave:
Is he actually cool or does he just spoil you? :wonky2:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
how much would it freakin' cost for Whistler to hire 2 security guards to walk through the pits at night?? Whistler knows this is a problem, it happens EVERY year, and they have done NOTHING about it. :redhot: Wonder what it would take for them to take the initiative and do something? Claims to their insurance company?

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
ThePriceSeliger said:
A cool dad will ride with you on the local trails, spoiling is buying you a bike to get you out, and shut you up.
my dad is cool then he rides with me once and a while.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
ska todd said:
There were less than 10 Monster Energy Team colored/decaled frames made this season. Other that Luc and one of the guys in the Iron Horse sales dept, the only ones with these bikes would be Sam, Justin, Sean (team mgr) and Jacy (mechanic). I have one front triangle here too but that's it. If you see one out at a race, on the mountain, or for sale get the info to me directly. Any tips that lead to arrest and/or return of the bikes will be rewarded! All tips can be kept confidential.

-ska todd
also, if the perp "happens" to fall and hit his face on the ground (repeatedly), you might get a pair of socks in addition to the reward. :trophy_br

j/k - we don't have any socks. :wonky2:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Whistler won't hire any security. It's a company (I forget the name) that owns the resort and of course, any large company is cheap! They'll only start paying attention once they see a loss of revenue from people NOT going riding there because of rampant theft. But when is that going to happen? Never. People will still flock there.

The Westcoast of Canada has HUGE amounts of bike thefts. Victoria is really bad and I'm assuming Vancouver is just as bad or worst. The Victoria Police actually just started an anti-bike theft program where 'bait-bikes' are strategically placed and then surveilled. They actually caught a few people. But a program like this is tough to organized.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ska todd said:

-ska todd

Not like I'd expect to see the bikes being ridden up there but hopefully sean and jacy don't get assaulted.:wonky2:

Luc already got reported to the honda turner team when he had his push shock on his bike that looked like the one stolen from Anka Martin.

This crap is so bad up there I'm kind of tempted to set up my bike as a trap if it ends up raining one day.

Hope you guys get the things back.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
zmtber said:
its like bringing your young kid to Disneyland and taking your eyes off of him for one second. My young cousin about 9 now, went there with my ant a few years ago and well...when my ant realized he had left here she went direct to security, they rushed here into a room with monitors watching over the hole park and they told her "find your kid on one of these screens, but remember your kid probably has different clothes on and a wig or new hair cut" (this was only a few minutes, 2-3 after my ant realized my cousin wasn't with here). So alarmed she looked through the screen and sure enough there was a man holding his arm and walking outside of the park and the kid (my cousin) now had a different hair cut and complete different clothes on. She says it was the scariest thing in her life, now the kid has trouble leaving the house with my ants okay.
The problem is you were letting an Ant look after your cousin, At least have a mammal sit for you next time. And a talking Ant? You must be, like rich.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
I drove up there today and as I was near Porteau Cove I saw a mid-90's Toyota pickup (tacoma or SR5) black going in the opposite direction with a syndicate V10 in the back. I was going the other direction so didn't get licence plate or see what the other bikes were, it could have been another syndicate rider but I still gave Whistler RCMP a call to let them know.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
SuspectDevice said:
The problem is you were letting an Ant look after your cousin, At least have a mammal sit for you next time. And a talking Ant? You must be, like rich.
Yeah, but at least that ant looked all over the hole park.
Doesn't that count for something? :rofl:

Tattooo said:
Start strapping claymores to your bikes. God hates bike thieves, and will let you slide for sending them straight to hell.

hmmmm yesss...I can see it now....strap some explosives to the race bikes everynight. If it leaves the perimeter of the trailer...**KABOOM**....no more bike....but one(or more) bike theives gone to hell.
I still don't understand how this is Illegal? I mean heck, if you're doing something illegal, your rights should vanish. Like the burgaler breaking into your house, seriously hurting himself and then sueing the homeowner for negligence or some dumb ass crapola....:confused:
Stiffer punishment would clean up lots of pety thefts(not that a $6K bike is anything close to pety!)

-----rant off-------:wave: