Quantcast

Stolen Yeti DH-9

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
My bike was stolen last night in Marin (SF bay area), causing me to fall into a deep state of depression.

I posted this in the Bay Area Forum, but I thought I'd also put it here in case anyone sees a listing for the bike online.

Here are the specs:
Large Black Yeti DH9 Frame
2002 RockShox Boxxer w/ TiNi stanchions (the gold ones) and '03 metal decals.
Fox Vanilla RC shock custom tuned by Push Industries (has push sticker kit on it)
Gold King Headset
MRP Guide
Hayes Brakes
Race Face Cranks
Sram X.0 Derailleur with X.9 Shifter
Mavic Rims laced to Hadley Hubs
Easton Bar and Stem

This is a pretty rare setup... the only one in the Bay Area that I'm aware of. The Push tuned shock and TiNi boxxer should make it easy to identify. Also, the frame's sticker kit was only done on a limited number of frames (the regular one features more yellow and turquoise).

Please keep an eye out. If anyone spots the bike or recognizes any part of it for sale online, drop me an e-mail asap: aaronr@ucsc.edu or call anytime (415) 383-5714

- Aaron

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
I feel for you man, if it ends up in sweden, which i seriously doubt, ill definetly let you know!

ive had bikes stolen from me as well, i even dream of having my current ones stolen, it sucks and i know how you feel, good luck!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That sucks bro! What were the circumstances? Stolen from house or vehicle? Any insurance coverage?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
hey, I think I saw that in Whistler -- but that was like a month ago so I guess you were probably on it... Sorry to hear about that :(

radbradus

Chimp
Jul 10, 2004
if someone stole my yeti i would cry! it looks brand new . other than someone taking my beloved dog this has to be one of the worst things a homo could take , good luck recovering

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Thanks to everyone for keeping an eye out... especially online. The bike was stolen off the back of my car while I was inside a friends house for a few minutes. The car was parked in his driveway with the rack facing in against the garage. It was around 11pm and he lives in a really quiet neighborhood, especially on a weeknight.

The pics of the bike are from when it was new. The frame's got some scratches now and a few of the parts have been swapped.

(DßR: yeah that was probably me or YetiDHer you saw in whistler about a month ago)

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
are you anywhere near a college? Cause I'll put money down saying it was some F**king a**hole college student. Just last week some drunk F**K tried to steal my girlfriends (get this) license plate!! Are you serious a F**king license plate?! They scratched the **** out of her car near the plate, and bent the plate all up. Good thing the one screw holding the plate to the car defeated the moron college student who couldn't figure out how to use his fingers to unscrew it. Anyways, I'll keep an eyeball out for it.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
I'm sorry to hear that man :( your Yeti is the best looking one I've ever seen. I'll watch out for it. Maybe post this on the Buy/Sell forums here and on the other sites so people will watch out for it.

Good luck bro

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
fuzzynutz said:
are you anywhere near a college?
Good point... you might want to make up fliers and offer some cheap beer for information. But seriously, if you're near a college you should go to the dorms and talk to whomever is in charge, talk to campus police, find out if there are any riders there and talk to them (cycling team etc.).

Good luck, I hope you find them and turn them into a new dirt jump...

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Aaron that's horrible. I'll keep my eyes peeled up in this area. I know everyone who rides yeti's in this part so it should be easy to spot. I feel for ya man... Those a$$holes should die!

Chris

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
damn man i wish i could do more than look on the internet for ya man. i will keep my eyes peeled around here but i doubt it would end up in asheville. if i see him i will beat his ass dont care how big he is my 140 lb xc rider, and swimmer body can take him.

and on another note how do those minions ride cause ive got some and havent riden them yet.

sorry it happend to ya man ill do what i can. peace.

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
me89 said:
and on another note how do those minions ride cause ive got some and havent riden them yet.
Dude just get's his bike stolen and you ask how some of stuff works?:confused: At the next funeral you go to, ask the widow on a date.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Man, that sucks! I would cry if someone stole my DH9. I am an e-bay junky, I will let you know about any DH9's that come up for sale there.

Ciaran

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7297&item=3696122638

Check it out.

He says "FOX 222 Rear shock" I've never heard of a Fox 222 rear shock :confused: Unless you folks down south call the 222 as the same as a Vanilla RC.

EDIT: the difference is the fork, seat, and cranks, which can be done in a hour. Looks like everything matches spec for spec. It is possible he could locate himself in Australia (easy to do for an ebay n00b - select your country of residence as Australia).

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Thanks for the e-bay update but I can tell that's not my frame. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find my serial # even though I do have it written down somewhere. I'll post it if I find it.

me89: Minions are awesome tires, especially the soft compound ones.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
that sux man, just an idea, probably just stupid 15 year old, north carolinean nonsense, but u may wanna post fake wanted ads for yeti dh9s under a different username on the buy/sell sections on pinkbike, mtbr, nsmb, ect. if somones stupid enough to steal such a unique bike, they just might be stupid enough to try to sell it to someone over the internet
________
Laguna Beach Resort Jometien Condos

Last edited:

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
still got my eye open and thanks for letting me know about the minions. and im sorry about the bad timing for the minion question so thanks man.stay strong and persistant.it will turn up

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
you know what is strange?

I have NEVER seen a TiNi Boxxer at N* all summer - then Satruday Bushwacker and I saw at least 3 bikes with that fork, one even had a gold CK headset??? strange.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
sure youve already noticed it but 911 had a gold ck headset so that might be the determining factor thats a rare and expensive headset also those stanchions are the same way i know you saw three of the at n* but that will be a desiding factor find that guy with the gold ck headset and beat his ass if its on a yeti dh frame its 911. didnt mean that to sound like a lecture i apologize. and im sure youve already know that

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
me89 said:
sure youve already noticed it but 911 had a gold ck headset so that might be the determining factor thats a rare and expensive headset also those stanchions are the same way i know you saw three of the at n* but that will be a desiding factor find that guy with the gold ck headset and beat his ass if its on a yeti dh frame its 911. didnt mean that to sound like a lecture i apologize. and im sure youve already know that
Can somebody translate this into english, I think there may be a valid point but I just can't get at it.

Thank goodness school starts again soon, some of these kids need to re-learn how to read and write.