Quantcast

stolen!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
posted by diablo_freeride in the diablo forum...

Two Freelap transmitters were stolen today from Diablo Freeride Park. The transmitters were more than likely stolen by someone from within the mountain biking community and someone familiar with how the Freelap system works.

The rider(s) that have stolen this equipment represent the worst in mountain biking and exactly the selfish attitude that is holding our sport back today.

Until these items are returned, we will no longer be offering the Freelap timing amenity at Diablo during the 2008 season. In addition, we will offer a reward for any information leading to the return of these transmitters, as well as information leading to the identity of the riders possessing the stolen property.

This is a small industry and a small community of riders and we are confident this information will float up. If you have any info, please email us at info@diablofreeridepark.com.

To the riders who stole this property; thank you for ruining what was a very cool, trend-setting concept... you should be proud.

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
that is pretty farkin lame! I hate scumbags like that! There is absolutely no need for it...ruining it for everyone, they deserve an appointment with the front of a moving bus!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Wonder how many of those FreeLaps Diablo sold......?.....

So the people who bought them can't use them at Diablo anymore...?......that is why they bought them, to use at Diablo, most likely....why are they being punished..?....Diablo security is not their responsibility.

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Hey, does anyone have just a freelap watch for sale? I already have 2 transmitters.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Freelap poles have a massive design flaw. Why on earth didn't they put a reinforced metal ring on one end so you can lock them to a tree etc??

S

seespotendo

Hey, does anyone have just a freelap watch for sale? I already have 2 transmitters.
haha.
does anyone want to buy a pair of transmitters from me?
i found them, they were just sitting there. i think someone forgot them?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
beat to the punch.

too bad somebody ganked it....but I'm not sure taking them all away is the right idea. It may not have even been a mountain biker.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Don't let the north east section of NJ be portrayed as all of NJ. The rest of the state, minus the Atlantic City area and Trenton/Camden area are really nice.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
This sucks - guess Shawn will have to Lo-Jack the next set of Free-Lap timers... but at least your rig is relatively safe there...

Jersey isn't a bad place - North NJ is actually really nice.