Quantcast

Straight-8 help

PaulE

Chimp
Feb 7, 2003
Sheffield, England
I'm having a little problem with my pull shock schwinn straight-8. About to send the shock off to TFtuned to get it serviced, but I can't get it off the swingarm.

The bolt doesn't want to come out, tried soaking it in a bit of lube overnight, but still no luck. Any current/ex schwinn owners who can provide any tips?

Cheers,
Paul

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Originally posted by PaulE
I'm having a little problem with my pull shock schwinn straight-8. About to send the shock off to TFtuned to get it serviced, but I can't get it off the swingarm.

The bolt doesn't want to come out, tried soaking it in a bit of lube overnight, but still no luck. Any current/ex schwinn owners who can provide any tips?

Cheers,
Paul
I'm figuring it's just wedged or jammed in there. When you try to unscrew the bolt, does it just spin on itself?

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Of what you are talking about?

If it is like my Straight Six I may be able to help.

BTW where are you getting your Shock tuned?

Any info would be helpful

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Of what you are talking about?

If it is like my Straight Six I may be able to help.

BTW where are you getting your Shock tuned?

Any info would be helpful

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Do you have the DKG linkage or not?

Regardless, the bolt holding the shock to the swingarm should be threaded on the inside, meaning one bolt goes inside the other. If what I gather is right, you have one allen hole on either side, perhaps one smaller than the other? The easiest way is to push on one side with the allen wrench and unscrew with the other. One side should come out. Push on that with the allen wrench and the other side should come out or fall out, depending on whether it's the big bolt or small one. Again, it's hard to tell without seeing a picture or more description.