Quantcast

Straitline or Twenty6 pedals?

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I'm looking to buy new pedals for my All Mountain rig which I'll use in the rain/mud this winter...

I like the weight of the twenty6 and the pins better.(easily replaceable)

Straitline on the other hand seem to have a better axle/bushings and are a bit cheaper...

Anyone running a pair of either one?

Attachments

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Why drop that kind of $$ on pedals to use in the rain and mud? Why not just get some Wellgos if they're gonna just get trashed.

Urinal Mint

Monkey
Oct 10, 2003
Washington
Both are bling pedals for sure. Twenty6 pedals have a much smaller platform than the Straitlines. I prefer a larger platform, so I would go with the straitlines myself, even though they are 150 grams heavier.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I'm not running Twenty6s yet . . .

But I know Tyler and Twenty6 is an awesome little company based in the Pacific Northwest (Belgrade, MT to be exact). That, along with Tyler's machining skills and attention to detail is enough to recommend them in my book.

Now if you want the whole package -- axle/bearings, pins, and weight -- you'd be hard-pressed to do better than the Syncros Mental mags.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm not sure how you can say the Straightline's have better axles when the Twenty6 pedals have beautiful Ti axles.

I have a pair of Twenty6's and I don't find them small at all.

I'm looking to buy new pedals for my All Mountain rig which I'll use in the rain/mud this winter...

I like the weight of the twenty6 and the pins better.(easily replaceable)

Straitline on the other hand seem to have a better axle/bushings and are a bit cheaper...

Anyone running a pair of either one?

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
The Straitline pedals do have a wider platform. I like them a lot more for that reason among others. The twenty-6 pedals are nice as well but cost a good bit (he's got versions w/steel axles that will be cheaper @ $170).

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I'm not sure how you can say the Straightline's have better axles when the Twenty6 pedals have beautiful Ti axles.

I have a pair of Twenty6's and I don't find them small at all.
Well the Twenty6 do have a nice axle/bushings system but it seem pretty basic... nothing special compare to the Straitline and as far as durability goes I'd think they would last longer...

thanks everyone for the inputs...

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
I run the Straitline's and love them. The platform is nice and big and they have the forward tilted parallelogram shape that the Twenty6's don't. They also offer several different pin configurations, and come with lots of extra pins. You can guess which waay my vote goes.

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
Universal has the Staitlines for $108. Use the VIP10 coupon for 10% off. Gives you a net of around $97. Seems like a no-brainer considering the cost difference. I personally love the Straitlines, don't care for box shaped pedals.

Heres a better pic of the Straitlines.

Attachments

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I really like the new atomlabs. They aren't even close to that bling, but they are light and they don't use any bearings so you can "rebuild" them in 5 min with a screwdriver. Simple is good.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
I really like the new atomlabs. They aren't even close to that bling, but they are light and they don't use any bearings so you can "rebuild" them in 5 min with a screwdriver. Simple is good.
Which ones do you have? Any side to side play?

Out of the straitline and Twenty6 i would go straitline, i like concave and i reckon they look better.

Im hanging out for these corsair pedals though

http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4833/size/big/cat/

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Which ones do you have? Any side to side play?
Not sure what BYO is running, but I have 2 pairs of the aircorps and there have been great so far. No slop at all. The only thing that 'seems' a bit suspect possibly is the circlip on the end to keep them together....No issues yet, but I could see that getting worn or stretched out after a while and possibly being an issue. It is a standard part avail at the hardware store however, so occasional replacement is not an issue.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Cant speak on the 26's, but,my straitlines kick bum!

Super grippy and stable. I ripped a couple of pins out smashing them on rocks - but Im big, and Im pedalling places where people say I shouldnt........

but I do the same thing to any pedals, Im a bad person!

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Low Profile Atomlab's. Ran a set all season love em to death. Huge platform, thinnest profile by far (LOWER BB, LOWER CG), super easy maintenance.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i'm been using them for years, and have never had a bearing issue. though i typically bash the crap out of them & end up replacing them due to lack of pins.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
the thing that is really cool is how the platform gouges and ruins the spindle while ejecting resulting in a non rebuildable set up (if your spindle was not already bent). Wellgo makes platforms for Easton, Tioga, and many others well. Wellgo's aint bad for $40 bucks it's paying premium prices for name rebadged Wellgo's that sucks.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
the thing that is really cool is how the platform gouges and ruins the spindle while ejecting resulting in a non rebuildable set up (if your spindle was not already bent). Wellgo makes platforms for Easton, Tioga, and many others well. Wellgo's aint bad for $40 bucks it's paying premium prices for name rebadged Wellgo's that sucks.

Man you need to learn how to not hit rocks......

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Neither Eastons, nor Tiogas are made by wellgo.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Bought Wellgo MG-1 (magnesium) at Jenson USA for around $40. I compared it to other pedals there, and it was significantly lighter and cheapter. Performs well too.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Neither Eastons, nor Tiogas are made by wellgo.
Explain how the spindles are dimensionally identical and the platforms are so similar then? They are made by the same manufacture, and since Wellgo is an asian outsourcing company for pedals, I am going to go with Wellgo as the manufacture.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
The tioga MX's are most defiantely a welgo product. Tioga is a marketing company, I don't think they make any of their own products.

If you can find the online product catalog for welgo, it becomed quite obvious that they are building pedals for a LOT of other people.

I did like my tiogas as far as size and grip. After half a season though that lil' outboard bearing died pedaling up the street, and my pedal body went flying. Good news is that bearing is only $1....bad news is that a self removing pedal can cause some serious pain.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The urban camo is cool with Cromo axles and a little cheaper.

6foe pedals are $265.00 per pair for all solid colors with Ti axles and $170.00 for the urban camo with cromo axles. They are available in a variety of colors, red,blue, black,green, gold, yellow, pink,brown,urban camo, and white.