Quantcast

Street and Dirt tires

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
The setup looks really good. I think I'm going to go for that.
That setup is rad. But, lately, I've had the Twin Rails on front and back. I like the extra speed and smoothness through the hard packed DJs. And I haven't had a problem washing out on looser dirt.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
holyrollers are great. i rode a 2.4F 2.2R for a long time. used them for everything, even a loose/steep DS track where they actually did great even pumped up to 65psi...

halo Twin Rails are incredible and fast...i rode some for a short period of time on my old 24" and loved them.

my current setup is a 2.4 holyroller up front, and a 2.2 DMR transition slick in back.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
holyrollers are great. i rode a 2.4F 2.2R for a long time. used them for everything, even a loose/steep DS track where they actually did great even pumped up to 65psi...

halo Twin Rails are incredible and fast...i rode some for a short period of time on my old 24" and loved them.

my current setup is a 2.4 holyroller up front, and a 2.2 DMR transition slick in back.
How do you like the 2.2 DMR Transition tire? I'm thinking of trying one on my Molly.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
How do you like the 2.2 DMR Transition tire? I'm thinking of trying one on my Molly.

i think they are really solid tires. definitely made to take a LOT of abuse. they also grip reallly well on slick pavement that you will find in skateparks and such. i have ran them front and rear on dirt once running about 65 PSI, and they did fine except for the loose corners which is why my holyroller is up front. i run mine at 85 usually. i also like that the tread goes all the way around the tire which is good for wallrides or attempts:biggrin: . my only gripe about them is that small rocks can get caught in the tread, they are fairly easy to get out but im always afraid it could cause a flat. haven't had problems so far. hope that's enough info:cheers:

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
i'm running a holy roller 2.4 in the front and 2.2 in the rear. Looks good, but i havent had too much experience with it yet to give an accurate review.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I ride 98% street with my Twin Rails...and I HATE them. Granted, I'm on like 80 psi, but I've hard cased enough times that I refuse to let it happen again, tired of that ruining a week or two of riding while waiting on a new tire. They won't stick to walls for me even half as well as Holy's, and the Holy's don't stick half as well as something like the Specialized/IRC Uff Das... And the Twins are all over the place for me in loose alleys, dirt, etc. I think groomed Djs would be fast as hell on them, but I don't like em. Just my .02, which is very odd, becasue I'm like the only rider on this planet who doesn't dig em!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I ended up ordering a Moto RT for the front and a Twin Rail for the back.
I thought it would be a little more versatile with bigger knobs on the front.

Squirreldh

Chimp
Dec 21, 2006
I have run hookworms and holyrollers for dj tires , liked them both, but right now I'm on the specialized rythms, I love them for dirt and street, they hook up well for wallrides and such, and have enough of an inverted tread to hook up in even the loosest of dirt. try em out, I guarantee you'll love'm too!

mxracer845

Chimp
May 4, 2007
i think that the halo twin rails are awesome... i run them for on my dirt/street and you can get them in white and green and now pink hahaha sick

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I got my black twin rail from Universal Cycles for $20. It was the only place I could find them in the US. After I put those tires on and my 32 special e13 guide, I went riding in town. After 10min, the pedal-crank threads stripped...:rant:

micahb

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Washington
Opinion: Best tire (26") to ride at park and on hard pack DJ's, without having to change wheels? Multi-use and good value.