Quantcast

Street Dedicated BMX Frame

Matago

Chimp
Mar 1, 2008
On danscomp, what is your opinions of the best street dedicated frame under $300. Im not sure, i am just looking for short chainstays and high BB. Opinions.

I have narrowed it down too the kink lost dutchman, the proper ttl v2 and the midnite streetlite

KINK LOST DUTCHMAN FRAME

Made from 4130 heat-treated Sanko chromoly with 35mm double-butted top and down tubes, split cable guides on the toptube, single-butted seatube, inverted U-brake mounts, integrated seat clamp, and post-welded machined headtube and BB shell to insure perfect bearing alignment and seating.

Headset Type: Integrated (Campy Style)
BB Type: Mid
BB Height: 11.75"
Chainstay: 13.75"
Headtube Angle: 74.5°
Seattube Angle: 71°
Seatpost Size: 25.4mm
Dropout Size: 14mm
Weight: 4 lbs 12 oz

MIDNITE STREETLITE FRAME

100% 4130 chromoly, integrated headtube that is drilled for removable gyro tabs, externally machined seat tube, integrated seat clamp, inverted U-brake mounts, wishbone chainstays and internally machined BB shell.

Headset Type: Integrated (Campy Style)
BB Type: Mid
BB Height: 11.75"
Chainstay: 13.625"
Headtube Angle: 75°
Seattube Angle: 71°
Weight: 5 lbs 2.5 oz

streetlite.JPG

PROPER TTL V2 FRAME

Mike Miller signature frame made from butted 4130 chromoly with an externally machined integrated headtube drilled for gyro tabs, integrated seat clamp, laser cut seat and chainstay bridges, laser cut 5mm thick dropouts and seatstay located removable brake mounts.

Headset Type: Integrated (Campy Spec)
BB Type: Spanish
BB Height: 11.5"
Chainstay: 13.39"
Headtube Angle: 75°
Seattube Angle: N/A
Weight: 4 lbs 15 oz

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
i like the midnite frame. proper frame has kinda long stays. 13.9 or so. most of the sites never have the ttl's correct geo.

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
The proper and the midnight appear to be more street dedicated in their angles but I think the Kink is better because of looks, BB height, and weight. Appears to be better tubing as well.

I think the kink is the better more solid all around street abuse bike. If for anything because of the tubing they used.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Check out a ****hawk from Seshin... $229 - 1 cent shipping.

Rear End Length 13.5 - 13.75 inch (On 20.5 and 20.75 models)
13.75 - 14 inch (On 21 inch model)
BB Height - 11.8
HT Angle - 75 degrees
Headtube - Integrated
ST Angle - 71 degrees
Bottom Bracket - Mid (Press Fit)
Seat Tube - 25.4mm
Dropouts - 5mm Thick. Laser cut 14mm axle slot
Weight - 5.2 lbs - 5.4 lbs depending on TT length
Colors - Jet Black
Warranty - One full year against cracking, and LIFE TIME on manufacturers defects!
Heat Treated
Removable brake hardware
http://seshin.bigcartel.com/product/****hawk-version-2-frame
I couldn't resist, and bought a Megatron from them... 21.5" TT $99!

Matago

Chimp
Mar 1, 2008
I have ordered the dutchman, i cant stop daydreaming about it haha. Ill have a parts list soon.

The only thing that stopped me getting the midnite was that it was so unknown. Bugger all came up when you googled it so i dont know how reliable it was going too be, it looked sweet and all tho.

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I have ordered the dutchman, i cant stop daydreaming about it haha. Ill have a parts list soon.

The only thing that stopped me getting the midnite was that it was so unknown. Bugger all came up when you googled it so i dont know how reliable it was going too be, it looked sweet and all tho.

Midnite is made by Solid. Good stuff, namebrand that can be taken literally. I like their trail frame better actually.

You made a good choice on the Kink though. I was kind of looking at one a while back... You can get a lot of parts in that bronze color, would look pretty interesting, haha.

And yeah man, those Seshin's are nice too, and completely unbelievable deals they've had, ridiculous!