Quantcast

Strongest DH cranks?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Monkeybidnezz said:
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I'm not familiar with the Profiles. Can they be set up with 2 rings? I use my DH bike as a light ride trail bike too, so I need two rings to make it work.

Thanks.

sure... i ran mine with 2 rings on an old RM7

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
bballe336 said:
If you had read it you would realize the he was talking about holzfellers. Read the way he describes the BB.

Anyways hones are just re-badged LX's. Saints are far stronger.
Hones have a stronger axle (steel, not aluminum I think) and have the pedal insterts, I believe.

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
You shouldnt really be worried about the wieght because of thelocation of the weight i.e. its at the lowest point on the bike no center of gravity altering issues. Id go with the profiles because of thier diverfsity, if you bend a spindle you can buy a new one, blow out a bearing you can buy a new one intead of a whole new bb. So go with profiles or saints, But if truvativ ever lets consumers geyttheir hands on the OCT cranks those would be pretty sweet as well.

J

J5ive

A.P said:
Hones have a stronger axle (steel, not aluminum I think) and have the pedal insterts, I believe.
Thats only on the dual ring version. The triples are basically LX cranks.

Yeah, I was talking about the holzfellas, I think the howitzer system is flawed- not enough taper.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
No one has mentioned Deity cranks yet. I'm real happy with mine - 2.3lbs total and reasonablely priced. Plus GREAT customer service.

toby

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
in the trees said:
No one has mentioned Deity cranks yet. I'm real happy with mine - 2.3lbs total and reasonablely priced. Plus GREAT customer service.

toby
not to blow up anyones spot, but one of my friends snapped two of their arms...