Quantcast

stuff white people like

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I thought it was interesting that Asian men are more likely to identify their race, like Korean or Japanese, whereas Asian women don't.
Seriously not trying to be a smartass, but isn't Japanese or Korean a nationality?

Serious, for my own education, I've always assumed this was the case, truly interested in knowing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
They're also an ethnicity. Ethnic Japanese != ethnic Korean != ethnic Chinese (and by this I mean "han", not the myriad of other ethnic Chinese).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Deep fried brings the blacks and whites together........and fat people.
There's a seafood joint here that has a Sheriff's patrol car parked in front. Every-time I drive by there I wonder why they need a cop on duty. Do fights break out over the pop corn shrimp ? Do they have a problems with people shoplifting fried fish sticks ?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
There's a seafood joint here that has a Sheriff's patrol car parked in front. Every-time I drive by there I wonder why they need a cop on duty. Do fights break out over the pop corn shrimp ? Do they have a problems with people shoplifting fried fish sticks ?
Ah yes. And by seafood joint, do you mean a "fish camp." We have one 5 minutes from my house, and it is downright mindboggling how many people eat there on a given day. Line out the door.
Since others around may not know what a fish camp is like here is your average plate:
First off, it is served on what is basically a school lunch tray.
Fried popcorn shrimp.
French Fries.
Fried hushpuppies.
Cole slaw filled with mayo.
Sweet tea.
Maybe a little banana pudding for dessert.

We have a nice kick ass heart center though over at the hospital! :thumb:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yup, another "fish camp" will not sell you a combo plate with fried popcorn shrimp and broiled fish, has to be either all fried or all broiled. Every adult male in the place could touch the back of the booth and the table at the same time.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Seriously not trying to be a smartass, but isn't Japanese or Korean a nationality?

Serious, for my own education, I've always assumed this was the case, truly interested in knowing.
Japanese view the world as consisting a) Japanese b) everyone else. People like Toshi or my kids confuse hell out of the Japanese because being a and b does not compute.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

It was just a word, nationality or race.

But I do think there are visible racial differences between the different countries, moreso than Americans and Canadians but less than Italians and the Brits, for example.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Japanese view the world as consisting a) Japanese b) everyone else. People like Toshi or my kids confuse hell out of the Japanese because being a and b does not compute.
Ainu must be confusing, too. Are they Japanese?! Are they more Japanese?

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
I like to wear my keen boots and north face windbreaker all the time. I also have a pair of worn out dungarees I like to wear with these clothes. I wear these clothes because I have gotten those last minute camping calls before and it is not pleasant when I am dressed in my euro work attire.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, in case anyone ever forgot why we still talk about the differences between the races, a shop guy who lives in the 'burbs gave me a ride home. We got gas at the Arco in Bayview.

No BP protesters there, btw. Either the locals don't give a sh*t or the hipsters are too afraid.

Anyway, at night it was a little ghetto there, and I told the guy it will be cool. "Just act less white", I told him.

LOLOLOLOL

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I like to wear my keen boots and north face windbreaker all the time. I also have a pair of worn out dungarees I like to wear with these clothes. I wear these clothes because I have gotten those last minute camping calls before and it is not pleasant when I am dressed in my euro work attire.
If it's cold out I'm in my windbreaker, it's like a part of me, it's ridicules.