Quantcast

Stupid move - apparently

J

JRB

So we're cruisin back from a ride, Wumpus, Madbob, and me, when I plan to get over. I signal and this asshat sees me go so he charges up in his car to try to stop it. I had room so I went. He flies up on my tail and gestures flailing about in his car being overly dramatic. I of course gave him a little finger respect. He returned the favor and then proceeded to ride our ass for 30 miles on the interstate. We got off in Waco and this dillhole continues to follow on this obscure route we chose to take. Finally we threw down some bad driving ourselves and hit some neighborhoods and don't know what happened. Not sure if he was planning to shoot us or calling the cops to report road rage, which would be stupid since he tried to run me over. If he was just trying to make me think not to fly the bird, that might have worked. There are people that are crazy and obviously have too much time on their hands. I would ask the cops if it is truly road rage. I would also recommend using discretion on the bird since we have no idea how stupid people can be. I may keep the bird in the cage for a while. Next time I will just make sure I stop really hard for the charging jackasses. Bob blew his shock anyway and since it was on the back, he could've had a new one.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by loco-gringo
<snip> Next time I will just make sure I stop really hard for the charging jackasses.
One thing that works pretty well and doesn't put yourself in jeopardy of the dillhat a$$-ending you is to apply the gas while just barely engaging the brake. That way you're pulling away from him whilst giving him a windshield full of brake light.

Generally they freak out and mash on their own brakes and stay away from you after that....... 'course this one sounds like a real loon - maybe it wouldn't have worked.

-S.S.-

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
There are too many stupid and crazy people out there. I have given up on flying the bird. I just give the subtle head shake of disapointment, much more affective if the other driver actually notices it.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by Westy
There are too many stupid and crazy people out there. I have given up on flying the bird. I just give the subtle head shake of disapointment, much more affective if the other driver actually notices it.

Haha...me too, most times. The visibly dramatic sigh followed by the crestfallen headshake of sympathy for his parents. Usually much more effective than the stereotypical birdflick and easier to defend when Johnnie Law pulls you both over for aggressive driving. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Haha...me too, most times. The visibly dramatic sigh followed by the crestfallen headshake of sympathy for his parents. Usually much more effective than the stereotypical birdflick and easier to defend when Johnnie Law pulls you both over for aggressive driving. :D
:thumb:
I do my best to shame bad drivers. Just yesterday on a short road ride, while passing an entrance to a grocery store a women pulled out right in front of me. I was ready and was on the brakes before she even started moving, when she finally saw me she stopped in the middle of the road staring directly at me. I simple removed my sunglasses, looked her in the eyes and shook my head like she was a 10 year old who just brought home a bad report card.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
I find that smiling and waving cheerfully at jackass drivers pisses them off far more than any flipping of the bird or wild gesturing. Plus, there's the added bonus that you could never be accused of road rage...

shifty S

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NWDC...Asheville
i had a guy do that to me when i had about 7 guys in a tinted dodge caravan. all i had to do was stop and have everyone get out and that guy ran off...wonder why

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
A friend of mine used to have a geo traker and it had 4x4. to shift it into 4 wheel you had to flip this lever to which would put the transfer case in N then you could put the trans in R and it would do nothing. so when people would ride his bumber he would do this turning on the reverse lights. it was pretty funny to see people SLAM on the brakes.

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
Originally posted by binary visions
I find that smiling and waving cheerfully at jackass drivers pisses them off far more than any flipping of the bird or wild gesturing. Plus, there's the added bonus that you could never be accused of road rage...
This is what I always do, let them sit back there for a little while, then as they pass all pissed off, wave with a big smile. It always seems to piss them off so much more. :D The you get on them, not riding their ass, but a few car lengths back, but at the same speed, that always is a laugh. It's true though, its getting more and more dangous to do anything but let them by. It kinda sucks.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
HOld on ..I don't get it ....so what exactly happened that made you rethink flipping the bird? I reread your post a couple times and the last half makes no sense.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Originally posted by Dog Welder
HOld on ..I don't get it ....so what exactly happened that made you rethink flipping the bird? I reread your post a couple times and the last half makes no sense.
Did you miss this part?

..then proceeded to ride our ass for 30 miles on the interstate. We got off in Waco and this dillhole continues to follow on this obscure route we chose to take...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
There's nothing like beating down a full grown man in front of his young children when you're a 17 year old high school kid in a traffic altercation.:)

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I don't flip anyone of unless they did something REALLY bad. There is just no telling what kind iof reaction it might draw. They have to have done something pretty flagrant rather than being guilty of being born stupid. I usualyy just lean on my horn, turn on the brights, and give than a palm-up "what the hell were you thinking" sort of gesture. I like trying to make people feel stupid!