Quantcast

subaru dh team?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
fabiens new team? is this legit? why all frenchies? what will they be riding? if subaru makes a bike it will be sick.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
as far as i know they'll be riding lapierres but feel free to correct me if im wrong.

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
Lapierre is a no go. The team is Subaru as of right now the brand of bike is still up in the air. Sabrina jumped ship on the idea of an all french team.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
As I've told you before, stop posting BS w/o first checking w/ the sources evolution! Sabrina has not "jumped ship".

-ska todd

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
As I've told you before, stop posting BS w/o first checking w/ the sources evolution! Sabrina has not "jumped ship".

-ska todd
Hey Ska Todd read what I wrote, I said she jumped ship on the idea of an all french team! Other people reported she was leaving IronHorse I am saying she is not!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Will they be riding Commencal bikes? Maybe rebuild the old Sunn Dynasty

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Commencal has already a huge team. That would be crazy. Sunn is probably to small and that's why people speculate lapierre. Very big French company (well not big in gravity MTB but they have some $$$)

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Hey Ska Todd read what I wrote, I said she jumped ship on the idea of an all french team! Other people reported she was leaving IronHorse I am saying she is not!
"jumping ship" is an idiom for leaving or fleeing, thus having the connotation that she was leaving the Iron Horse program. Had you said something along the lines of "jumped at the opportunity" I wouldn't have posted up. I think many French riders' ears would perk up at that sort of idea; as would Aussies, Brits, Canadians, etc to a team solely comprised of their pinner compatriots.

I think we all might have learned something following the recent Mick Hannah/Cannondale flap; shut our pieholes with rumors and speculations unless there is some sort of grounded proof. This is in reality a rather small community of riders and racers. We all pretty much know each other somehow. At most, any one of you are "one-degree of Kevin Bacon" away from the Hills, Peatys, and Rennies of the sport. Don't screw with their livelihoods by posting rumor to a forum or blog.

Just because one has a blog does not exactly constitute that they are media or press. If you want to be treated like media, act like it. Again, if you want a rumor confirmed or denied just go to the people who would know the right answers.

-ska todd

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
This is Ridemonkey not the New York F'n Times.......!!!...........get over it.....90% of the crap on here is monkey poop......

ONTHELEVEL

Chimp
Oct 24, 2007
2 blocks down on the left
"jumping ship" is an idiom for leaving or fleeing, thus having the connotation that she was leaving the Iron Horse program. Had you said something along the lines of "jumped at the opportunity" I wouldn't have posted up. I think many French riders' ears would perk up at that sort of idea; as would Aussies, Brits, Canadians, etc to a team solely comprised of their pinner compatriots.
-ska todd

If we all had gotten English degrees we might eliminate 40 percent of misunderstandings on here. Thats the internet for you...free.:clapping:

I would also hope that other people in the industry would look at these forums how most people see them, a knitting circle for bikers.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA

I think we all might have learned something following the recent Mick Hannah/Cannondale flap; shut our pieholes with rumors and speculations unless there is some sort of grounded proof. This is in reality a rather small community of riders and racers. We all pretty much know each other somehow. At most, any one of you are "one-degree of Kevin Bacon" away from the Hills, Peatys, and Rennies of the sport. Don't screw with their livelihoods by posting rumor to a forum or blog.

Just because one has a blog does not exactly constitute that they are media or press. If you want to be treated like media, act like it. Again, if you want a rumor confirmed or denied just go to the people who would know the right answers.

-ska todd
Bwahaha holy over-reaction. He said "jumped ship on the idea..." not "jumped ship for...". Maybe not the clearest way to state what he was trying to, but definitely comprehend-able.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Bwahaha holy over-reaction. He said "jumped ship on the idea..." not "jumped ship for...". Maybe not the clearest way to state what he was trying to, but definitely comprehend-able.
you can play symantics all day if you'd like but the intention of the first post was to insinuate that Sabrina was leaving for the Subaru team. one cannot "jump ship" unless they are on said ship. So either she was leaving IH or she had already left and was jumping ship from the french team. but it takes a fair bit of grammatical gymnastics to claim the latter as evolutionbke's real intention . . . and of course it means you'd change the rules of the english laguage so you could jumps ship "on" an idea. even to jump ship "for" an idea would only be correct if one was physically jumping in the name, or in support of, the idea. In the future, if you plan to jump make sure it is "at" an idea. and think about landing on your head.

He got called out for posting BS, simple as that. well, that and i'm bored because all my students are in other classes right now

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Oh goodness, this is all so important, I hope we can get this all straightened out, because the world is at stake.
And did you hear that Maxxis is remeasuring all their tires and they are up to .1 different.
We will never be the same.
Oh, the humanity.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
"Sabrina jumped ship on the idea of an all french team."

I apologize if what I wrote came off the wrong way.
still not sure what you are saying you are trying to say. . . but either way i'd love to know how you are privy to Sabrina's reaction to the all-french team. either way you slice it, it's still BS

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Sabrina was home crying in her pillow until Ska Todd and General Lee showed up........

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
still not sure what you are saying you are trying to say. . . but either way i'd love to know how you are privy to Sabrina's reaction to the all-french team. either way you slice it, it's still BS
LOL......is it that time of the month for some of you? Everyone is so touchy... you have taken what would have been one post of bad info and made the entire thread about it....congrads