Sucks to be me...

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Here is the list of crap that has happend to me in the past 2-3 weeks:

1. Roll over acedent
2. Stung by Yellow Jacket twice on ankle
3. Crashed last night nailing my knee and may have a cracked sternum.
4. Busted my 2003 Super T 2 weeks before Whistler, possible lower replacment needed.

Well 2,3 and 4 compound upon number 1 so things are pretty sh!tty at the moment :(

I scratched the lowers of my fork pretty deep (more ground on pavment) so when I compress all the way it sticks when it rebounds up quite a bit. Any ideas on what happend? Did I bend my lowers? Did I dent the inside of the lowers so it sticks? Any help would be apreciated.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Sorry to hear your misfortunes.....

About the fork.....

There should be plenty of room between the stanction and leg walls. It could be possible that you bent it. First thing i'd check is that the adjustment knobs didnt get messed up.... back them all the way out. If you still have the problem, then you may need to open the fork up to see inside. Have you ever done this? Its easy, but sometimes following typed instructions can make it hard. A call to marzocchi migh get you some better instructions..... or take it to a shop like DHZ that knows forks real well.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
There's also a guy at Gregg's Greenlake that used to work for Marzocchi who knows the forks inside and out... I don't remember his name, but you might just be able to ask around. I think he might work in the parts department.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
If you can feel an "indentation/dent" in you're slider then it is binding against youre stantion.It doesn't take much to cause a bind.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
I looked at it agian and the rebound is completly shot :mumble:, I played with the adjustments it did a little but not nearly as much as it used to. It seems to have lost the life it used to have, the travel seems dead....

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Is it too fast ot too slow? If it's slow the thing could be twisted. Loosen up all the crown and axle bolts and make sure nothing is binding and try it again. My shiver will get tweaked after a hard crash and this is the fix.