the slalom coming up at the National event at Sugar NC
Light wasn't great so a few features aren't shown and the middle
of the course uses alot of open gate turns and off cambers

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah the pics were taken during building so they look a little rough here
The top is all busy it's hard to see everything in the pics it blends in to the background,
the top section has a step up - rock garden - triple and Alot of pumpy
berms, not much pedalling up there- after the berm sections you will
be moving pretty fast into some flat turns around gates with a couple
off cambers then a roller to a rut turn with a couple off cambers up to
the berms on the bank to the log drop etc, as follows - not all pics turned out
Shots of the log drop didn't turn out but you can see the berms
up on the bank and log drop to the far left of the background of the big double.
after the log drop you will sprint across the straight to the far right background
then a berm to a straight before the big double, then a couple gated
turns to the finish
The grass will be cut all neat too!
It is probably hard to tell how good it will be but it looks alot better in person

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
sweet! great job and thanks! noah will be excited to have a fun course to ride. kudos for making it user friendly for everyone. looks like the fast guys can float the gaps but the newb's and noah can still roll everything :thumb: :cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Dammit, now I have to race DS!!!!!!! I wasn't planning on racing this year due to last years course. That looks like its my kind of course too. So what is the schedule for DS this year? Will I have to be up there Friday? I was just planning to come up on Sat and stay over for my DH race on Sunday.

Great job Chuck!!!!

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Dammit, now I have to race DS!!!!!!! I wasn't planning on racing this year due to last years course. That looks like its my kind of course too. So what is the schedule for DS this year? Will I have to be up there Friday? I was just planning to come up on Sat and stay over for my DH race on Sunday.

Great job Chuck!!!!
The DS is a wham bam thank you ma'am on friday for the ams. Sorta like Maxxis S.E. series race only you get to pay more and get nothing if you podium.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Not sure about the total schedule but I know the first Pro practice is on Thurs. for 2hrs. Then Friday evening for half an hour then qualifier afterwards
Then hour practice 4-5 Sat. Finals at 5
Like Pete said ametuers are goin on all day Friday

See skisugar.com for full details and schedule under showdown at Sugar

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Unless you travel out of the region you're going to race the same people whether it's a national or grass roots race. For some reason the local promotors can get prizes that norba can't or won't.
And lately, with the exception of this race, the slalom/mtnX courses are better at the grass roots races. And this is the most important thing.
But, like I said, if Juan and Chuck built the course it will be worth the trip.
See ya there.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Well I don't think I will be racing DS. I want to but the cost is out of control for the whole weekend. The only way I can do it is if a find a place on the floor somewhere for Friday night and Sat night. As of right now I will be up Thursday to ride DH practice and then drive home. Then back up for Sundays practice and then race. Any one have room on the floor anywhere?