Quantcast

Suggestions on dealing with redneck children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I have tried that approach out there with some limited success. There is a large contingent of BMX kids out there of the same age and socioeconomic station who once they say us digging, got interested in doing the same. We roped them in by coming over and helping to work on the line they typically rode as it was getting pretty ragged.

Since then they have moved the focus of their digging to a secret spot as there were words of everything being torn down. They are pretty good kids, got their heads on right, even if it is without a helmet on that head.

When approached in the same manner to the piles of genetic refuse on the 50's, the response was "Why should we work when you'll just build stuff for us?" These two MENSA members really represent the basest of humanity in my mind. Wantonly ignorant, insisting that everyone is working to make them happy, and intentionally disrespectful.

Where is Hannibal Lechter when you need him?

DC40

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
Has anyone tried maybe following the 50cc riders home to speak to their parents and explain the legal issues. I believe they live right after the stop sign on Miller Ave, if coming from the dead end/park. There was lifted truck and closed-in-trailer in front of the house. Again not 100% sure.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I think what I am going to do is get the video/photos, and then I am going to confront the parents before I go to the city. If the parents are dildos about it, then as soon as it happes again I have them aiding and abetting.

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
man, what can you say to that. Hope you get things sorted out soon.

I have tried that approach out there with some limited success. [snip] [snip]

[snip] [snip]When approached in the same manner to the piles of genetic refuse on the 50's, the response was "Why should we work when you'll just build stuff for us?" [snip] [snip]

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
regardless wether i just made up the crap i had said before to sue those kids parents to the point of, and i quote to "own" them for riding on your dirt jumps is a pretty big d1ck move. if you were sued by some guy for all youre worth for something like ruining their bike jumps (becuase the courts have the same attitude about mtn bikers as they do skate boarders., which isnt that good) then you would be here b1tching on ridemonkey for the same thing. if you think that these kids riding on your precious dirt jumps is a big deal then be the d1ck and sue their arses but i think that you should stop your b1tching and find some new place to build jumps. because if you show up to court crying of some worthless dirt jumps (because none of your actual property was harmed) then the judge should laugh in your face and send you out of their court.

also if you want to make this a matter of whether it is a state thing or not, such as ordinances about motorcycles being able to be ridden in a park or any thing else that is not your problem. you can let the state make a case of that, other wise it really isnt your bussiness.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
fokey you have absoulutly no idea what your are talking about. You can most deffenitly vandalize sanctioned dirt jumps. The jumps at O hill were destroyed becuase it would involve to much work. Also they are majorly awful and they didnt think people could get hurt one them.
Dude woody talked to one of the Uva people and they said that inorder to build any wooden jumps on UVA property you have to have a building permit, the dirt jumps are technicaly the same as blazing a trail (which they frown upon) arent destroyed. also about the case of involving too much work, they carried woody's and corby's ladder into the woods and hid it. and they chainsawed the other drop down, dissassembled the big drop, nocked down the cement wall that the lower drop was on, and hauled all the wood out. thats a bunch of work.

we paid for the wood for the jump and spent like 3 hours building it. and we found the wood for the roller coaster and spent days clearing a path and putting it in place, thats more work than what you ever did. but no hard feelings right chuck?

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
hah hah hah "show up to court crying of some worthless dirt jumps" just because you cant take off on anything with a lip doesnt mean they are worthless. Me and matt spent whole days up there with woody and corby before you even started freeriding. also we cut a new pretty worthless trail which took a pretty long time. also we built that bottom jump and the skinny. We also cleared out the entire run out on the concrete jump and added about two feet onto it. you built one wooden jum And that roller coaster was the biggest peice of crap ever the side supports were rotten logs if you can call them logs.

also in regards to what the university did its much easier too bring a truck in and some guys with a chainsaw and cut out some wooden stunts than it is to bring in a bobcat or shovel out an intire solid hip. Mind you build with concreat slabs underneath.

Youre a big homospoopin come ride this weekend at sugar hallow me matt and people are going up sunday

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
regardless wether i just made up the crap i had said before to sue those kids parents to the point of, and i quote to "own" them for riding on your dirt jumps is a pretty big d1ck move.
Really? Don't you think it would teach a nice lesson though?
I understand that you're of the mindset of "never rock the boat, even if you're getting butt-surfed by someone else" (I reference the whole Snowshoe debacle) but you need to understand that it is people like us, who will gladly crush someone on a whim, that makes it possible for you to toe under to other people. Some of us know what we build is worth fighting for, and you are just happy riding on other people's labor and work.

Or to quote Team America because Gary Johnson said it better then I ever could:

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us **** this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****!"

Also, just a suggestion, but stop trying to prove points by talking out of your ass.

if you were sued by some guy for all youre worth for something like ruining their bike jumps (becuase the courts have the same attitude about mtn bikers as they do skate boarders., which isnt that good) then you would be here b1tching on ridemonkey for the same thing.
Actually, I have been sued three times over access issues, and again you're just talking out of your ass here. I am a builder, I take ownership and stuardship to make sure this sport continues to grow. You on the other hand are willing to kutow any time someone comes in and ruines what you have built. Again, I'd rather fight then be some pussy who just bows his head and say its alright, I'll just rebuild.

if you think that these kids riding on your precious dirt jumps is a big deal then be the d1ck and sue their arses but i think that you should stop your b1tching and find some new place to build jumps.
And I think your mother should have had an abortion, but what can you do?

Let me see if I can illustrate the facts of the matter in such a manner that you can undersand me.

1. We have a letter from the city giving us dominion over the park, its jumps, its trails, the dirt itsself.

2. We are in process with the city of putting together a master plan to be implemented (sorry, big word, it means "Developed or put into place.") in early 2007. This is going to be a huge draw for the city and bikers, encompassing an XC trail, dirt jumps, wooden play park, a cyclocross trail, picknick areas, and a jogging loop. Every time these little sh!t-heels come in and cause problems, it makes the city want to back away.

3. By virtue of the facts and agreements with the city, this is OUR PARK. As such, I am not going anywhere else.

You can run to new spots every time someone messes with your work, but I swear that if you ever advocate that mentality on one of my jobs you will get tossed on your ass.

because if you show up to court crying of some worthless dirt jumps (because none of your actual property was harmed) then the judge should laugh in your face and send you out of their court.
Wow, can you get your ass to type too?

It is affixed the real property, hence making it "of value." It is the same thing as if some kid on a 50 came into your yard and started riding over your landscaping, destroying it in the process. Now if you were to take that to a judge, he would slap them with damages up one side and down the other. As they are minors, their parents would be liable for their actions.

As we have been given dominion and right over the property, we are acting at the behest of the city. We are well allowed to bring actions against the kids and their parents as private citizens in this regard.

Do me a favor, before you start telling me your version of the law, try reading a few books on the subject.

also if you want to make this a matter of whether it is a state thing or not, such as ordinances about motorcycles being able to be ridden in a park or any thing else that is not your problem. you can let the state make a case of that, other wise it really isnt your bussiness.
How do you figure?

We are observing a crime that directly impacts our labors. As such, it becomes our right and privlidge to police the area when the regualr police are unable. We take the video, impound the motorcycles until the cops show up, show the evidence to the DA, and he slaps them with anyone of a myriad of charges.

Try to work this through for me if you can;
- if your actions cost you your drivers license until you were 21, wouldn't you think twice before doing it again
- if your actions and ignorance cost your parents thousands of dollars for court costs, damage repatriation, and fines and fees, don't you think they'd think long and hard about letting their little super genius out the house with his dirt bike?

Laws are put in place to keep people like me from killing people like this, or those who would rather run away then fight for what is theirs. Be happy there is a system of law in place that gives measures like this, or it would be the rule of those like me.

Do me a favor, just stay out of souther virginia and off every major trail in the nation. You have no respect for what those of us who build, and you'd rather run from what is yours by birthright. I have neither the time nor the inclination to sit and debate with someone who rides on the trails and enjoys the fruits of my labors and then has the pure gall to question by which the means I use to ensure your freedoms.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I understand that you're of the mindset of "never rock the boat, even if you're getting butt-surfed by someone else" (I reference the whole Snowshoe debacle) but you need to understand that it is people like us, who will gladly crush someone on a whim, that makes it possible for you to toe under to other people. Some of us know what we build is worth fighting for, and you are just happy riding on other people's labor and work.

"We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to **** on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of **** that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us **** this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in ****!"

Also, just a suggestion, but stop trying to prove points by talking out of your ass.

Actually, I have been sued three times over access issues, and again you're just talking out of your ass here. I am a builder, I take ownership and stuardship to make sure this sport continues to grow. You on the other hand are willing to kutow any time someone comes in and ruines what you have built. Again, I'd rather fight then be some pussy who just bows his head and say its alright, I'll just rebuild.

Let me see if I can illustrate the facts of the matter in such a manner that you can undersand me.

1. We have a letter from the city giving us dominion over the park, its jumps, its trails, the dirt itsself.

2. We are in process with the city of putting together a master plan to be implemented (sorry, big word, it means "Developed or put into place.") in early 2007. This is going to be a huge draw for the city and bikers, encompassing an XC trail, dirt jumps, wooden play park, a cyclocross trail, picknick areas, and a jogging loop. Every time these little sh!t-heels come in and cause problems, it makes the city want to back away.

3. By virtue of the facts and agreements with the city, this is OUR PARK. As such, I am not going anywhere else.

You can run to new spots every time someone messes with your work, but I swear that if you ever advocate that mentality on one of my jobs you will get tossed on your ass.

It is affixed the real property, hence making it "of value." It is the same thing as if some kid on a 50 came into your yard and started riding over your landscaping, destroying it in the process. Now if you were to take that to a judge, he would slap them with damages up one side and down the other. As they are minors, their parents would be liable for their actions.

As we have been given dominion and right over the property, we are acting at the behest of the city. We are well allowed to bring actions against the kids and their parents as private citizens in this regard.

Do me a favor, before you start telling me your version of the law, try reading a few books on the subject.

How do you figure?

We are observing a crime that directly impacts our labors. As such, it becomes our right and privlidge to police the area when the regualr police are unable. We take the video, impound the motorcycles until the cops show up, show the evidence to the DA, and he slaps them with anyone of a myriad of charges.

- if your actions cost you your drivers license until you were 21, wouldn't you think twice before doing it again
- if your actions and ignorance cost your parents thousands of dollars for court costs, damage repatriation, and fines and fees, don't you think they'd think long and hard about letting their little super genius out the house with his dirt bike?

Laws are put in place to keep people like me from killing people like this, or those who would rather run away then fight for what is theirs. Be happy there is a system of law in place that gives measures like this, or it would be the rule of those like me.

Do me a favor, just stay out of souther virginia and off every major trail in the nation. You have no respect for what those of us who build, and you'd rather run from what is yours by birthright. I have neither the time nor the inclination to sit and debate with someone who rides on the trails and enjoys the fruits of my labors and then has the pure gall to question by which the means I use to ensure your freedoms.
You sir, are my idol.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Tattooo, man, you have had some asinine posts in the past, but this is great, lucid and informed argument here. Birdman has been owned :D

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I come and go from total BS to meaning what I say.

This time its birthright, the work of hands, and what you're willing to do to back it up.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
you dont know me so dont assume that i dont fight for whats right, because i do. and do not say i have no respect for people that build trails because you have never met me and you dont know what kind of person i am. i have plenty of respect for anyone that helps maintain trails and puts their part in ensuring that bikers have equal opertunity to all trails.

do not talk to me about who is building and who is not, because in my time as a rider i have done my share of trail maintenence. its bull **** that you think that you ensure my freedoms. unless you are fighting in iraq right now i think you should shut your ass. in my oppinion your the kinda guy(but thats up for debate too) that builds jumps and does his share of community service like everyone else but in your case your ego inflates to the size of hot air balloon and you assume that you are better than every one else. guess what your not. you feel its appropriate to sue someone's parents for thousands of dollars and limit those teen's abilty to get a drivers liscence untill they are 21. you are effectivly ruining the lives of those people and for what? because your precious jumps and your precious park is being ridden on by some teen agers on motorcycles. from this point i have seen no indication that you have successfully had the police to talk to the boys. untill the police have talked to the boys and their parents you shouldnt be doing anything. if they come back then you can call the cops again, but it is not neccecary to ruin the lives of those boys and their families because they are providing a minor inconvenience to you.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006

implimented (sorry, big word, it means "Developed or put into place.")

real mature

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Like I said bubba, you're the type that thinks someone else should deal with the problem for you. I am, on the other hand, the person who deals with his own problems.

The police are busy, I am just taking care of business that they are too over loaded to deal with.

I'm very very sorry that I've offended your delicate nature by doing what has to be done to ensure the places we ride stay open. These kids are going to be what gets a potential resource shut down before it ever gets off the ground. That won't happen on my watch.

So you go back to your classes, and live on being offended by those of us who will do what it takes to get the job done. Have a nice day, and make sure to look both ways when crossing the street, have a cookie with your teddy, and maybe if you're very good mommy will read you a story before bedtime.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
im totaly for taking the innitiative and fighting for whats right, but i think that you are taking it a little too far. it is not 'swatting the mosquito with a cannon' i just think that ensuring that the boys cannot get their liscence untill they are 21 and sueing the parents for thousands of dollars is just a little much for the situation.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
We've asked nice several times, have attempted to do the right thing. Those requests have been ignored.

I am going to make one final attempt to play nice with his folks, but if that fails, its all out thermonuclear warfare.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
you say that ian doesnt know what he talking about in regards to you and your beliefs and waht you do blah blha blha, yet you have no real understanding of whats going on in our park, but you still manage to make a d!ck out of your self multiple times a day in this thread.

we spoke to one of the kids yesterday, had a very civil conversation with him and hopefully he will go on and tell his buddies whats going on. so as of now it doesnt look like we're going to have to own the kid. and never once have we said that we have filed papers and what not. we're only threatening it still. you think we want to ruin this kid's and his parent's lives? we maybe huge assholes but we're not that huge of assholes. and as far as taking away his drivers license till hes 21, i think thats a very fitting punishment as it is a motor vehicle he is using in this vandalism. also, even if we didnt out right go for his license the state takes it away form minors automatically when they're even charged with any crime, if i'm not mistaken, ian can correct me here if i'm wrong....

so take your own advice and don't talk about sh!t you dont know about. you took this far too personally to begin with then forced the rest of us to make it personal and focused on you.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Does Birdman live in Cheasafreak?
We may have found the true root of his objection.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006

How do you figure?

i believe this was the post that made it personal none of mine before this were

Status
Not open for further replies.