Quantcast

Sum Pics:Mnt Wash

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I finally put tougher some of the pics and vid we took at Mnt Washington with Greg, Cindy, Karen and me. I havnt posted much since I was got privte msg that said all I was doing with these posts was braging (ok maybe I am but isnt that what ridemonkey is for?). Anyway for those who are intrested:

We arived at mount washington for Clawworx in time to catch the riders doing some practice. The course looked really cool, better than this years cranxworx course in my opion (more flowy). Got to do some riding as well...

No shortage of berms and epic views at mnt wash

Lots of high speed long ladders, really fun

Vid

The contest itself was good, but could have been better. From what I heard there was not much time to practice, 1 day. In my opion it would have been nice to see more runs, there was only 2 per person(no qulifying).

The bike park was great, tons of runs, lots of rocky techy stuff and flowy bermed up jump trails as well. It was alot cheaper than whistler too!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Daryl, dont forget when you go...to call me!

:-)

P.S. I need 2 weeks warning though, or I cant get off work.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I am glad to see some people enjoy them :)

If you have been to whistler you have seen the ferry on the left as you are getting on the sea to ski hwy, (If not it takes about 3-4 hours depending on traffic). From there its about 2 boat ride, I think, then another 1 1/2 hours or so to get to the mountain. Its good place to go for 3-4 days, the condo we got was really nice, 80 some dollers a night for a 3 bedroom.

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Yeah, nice pics, thanks. What camera are you using to take those first few pictures? From Seattle, is it quicker to go to Mr. Washington or Whistler? I like the idea of spending less money too.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Its about 2 hours longer, but that extra 2 hours is on a ferry so you can chill or wonder around get some food ect...

Everything is shot with a cannon power shot s70. Pretty cool little camra, the vid is much better quality it just looks like crap when I put it on photobucket.

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Ferry ride sounds cool; If I can get up north this season, I'll go; it sounds like a cool place. One of the guys at DZ talks about it too; he says it's pretty cool; I am on a new mission. I'll check out the camera too; I keep threatening to buy one

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
One thing to mention is the ferry is expensive, it is worth it tough. Ask the locals about a trail you can shuttle outside the park as well. It has a bit of peddling but its epic. The trail comes out at a falls that had the coolest little pools and stuff to swim in I have ever seen.

The camra is worth looking into, professional photogs said it was the best cheaper/smaller camara for action shots and vid, about 380$, that was a 1or 2 years ago tough....

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
i too enjoy your posts so don't stop. sounds like some fat loser who needs areality check. its nice to see and hear about different places to ride from someone who doesn't have an agenda. so when are you going to nelson? i'd love to see what they've got going on these days.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
I've been wondering what Mt Washington is like. That place would be nice for a little week vacation and to explore other areas on the island.

Definitely keep the ride posts and pics coming. Don't pay attention to PMs like that!