Quantcast

Summer Food!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Now that Banana Peppers are ripe. You need to stuff them and grill them. My stuffing is sweet fennel sausage (2lbs), good bread crumbs (1 cup), a egg, Romano cheese (1/4 cup). and 2 balls of Cingilli for a pepper. Salt and pepper. I add some crushed rep pepper for me and my friends. Core out 8/10 peppers and stuff them with the mixture. Wrap them in foil and grill them for 20 minutes on medium low heat or about as long as a ear of corn takes (internal temp should be 160). Direct heat will burn them so be careful. They go well with Corn on the cob....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I haven't explored eggplant all that much. Not something I have found to be exceptional. Probably has more to do with me not knowing how to prepare it.

Stopped in at the local organic veggie u pick for some peppers to eat this weekend. Grabbed a mix of sweet and hot.
20150829_145818.jpg

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I haven't explored eggplant all that much. Not something I have found to be exceptional. Probably has more to do with me not knowing how to prepare it.

Stopped in at the local organic veggie u pick for some peppers to eat this weekend. Grabbed a mix of sweet and hot. View attachment 120450
Jealous I am. My Peppers failed. I won't be planting any next year. The Koreans planted a tonne of Radishes and these Spring Onions, which I must say are awesome. I had to shoot a few crows with the pellet gun to keep them away I hung the carcasses from a nearby tree. Something picked the carcasses clean and now we have new crows... I hate crows...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Jealous I am. My Peppers failed. I won't be planting any next year. The Koreans planted a tonne of Radishes and these Spring Onions, which I must say are awesome. I had to shoot a few crows with the pellet gun to keep them away I hung the carcasses from a nearby tree. Something picked the carcasses clean and now we have new crows... I hate crows...
The crows ate your pepper carcasses? Terrible... sounds like magpies here. I am eating one of the jalapeños now with my homemade elk chili and me lips are burning.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The crows ate your pepper carcasses? Terrible... sounds like magpies here. I am eating one of the jalapeños now with my homemade elk chili and me lips are burning.
Had some Elk Pepperoni from philly recently. I love Elk Fat for frying veggies and tators. Bumper crop of White mushrooms this year. Super cheap and huge!.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The last person to spam one of JD's threads was found dead face down on the sidewalk with a courtesy phone chord around the neck and a boot print on the back of the neck. SPD, of course.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The last person to spam one of JD's threads was found dead face down on the sidewalk with a courtesy phone chord around the neck and a boot print on the back of the neck. SPD, of course.
Not to forget his bones were picked clean by trained cannibal crows!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I wear Times, always have. Found? That's pretty funny... Grrr Courtesy Phone.... I hate all of you...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wear Times, always have. Found? That's pretty funny... Grrr Courtesy Phone.... I hate all of you...
Found in the metaphorical sense. I don't mean in a omnipotent sense. Someone sees everything, usually by me. I have access to a lot of drones and satellite images.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Found in the metaphorical sense. I don't mean in a omnipotent sense. Someone sees everything, usually by me. I have access to a lot of drones and satellite images.
I could be posting this from Canada and you would never know it..... Zillow doesn't work in Canada....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Fuck... was 36 the other morning. Seems fall is coming.

We're basically down to apples now. There's pears if you're willing to hunt for them. Other farms have the melons and veggies but the first frost will stop that gravy train.