Quantcast

Summer Gravity Camp/Camp of Champions

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Hey guys, any monkeys headin up to whistler in the summer to do either of these camps? I wanna head out to whistler for a at least a week once this summer, along with all the weekend trips, so i figure i might as well do a fun camp while im there.

If youve already done one of them, care to comment what you liked/didnt like about them.

thanks

more info at. . .
www.summergravitycamps.com
www.campofchampions.com

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I've talked to a few people about SGC before...from what I hear its pretty cool riding with the pros and getting tips and what not.

The downside to me, it cost bank. I could stay in whistler for twice as long as the price of the camp/length.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
I've talked to a few people about SGC before...from what I hear its pretty cool riding with the pros and getting tips and what not.

The downside to me, it cost bank. I could stay in whistler for twice as long as the price of the camp/length.
umm 14 days would be worth a season pass which would be 300 or 399. then a hotel is 80 a nite cheapest. so thats 1120. plus the 300 for the lift, so its about the same. not to mention camp has breakfast/lunch free. haha

but yea, its expensive.

let me know when you go up to whistler, i wouldnt mind tagging along or giving you a ride up there

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
let me know when you go up to whistler, i wouldnt mind tagging along or giving you a ride up there
Thats what I mean when I compare the prices. This is all assuming I'd split the gas/beds/and food with atleast 3 others. And when you put that into play, you can get more out of whistler.

Not to mention, I dont want to risk laying over a grand down and getting a week of crap weather or something. Seems it would be safer to be able to leave it the weather gets bad.

enjoydirt

Chimp
Sep 9, 2007
Seattle WA/ Monterey CA
SGC was really fun when I did it awhile ago, and I thought that is was a good value.

I also think that it progressed my riding more than just riding the mountain with friends, so also take that into account.