Quantcast

Summer in Texas sucks

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
or 'You think you sweat alot.'

Took the grips off to change bars and this was the salt accumlation:

Good thing I did. Most of the white stuff is corrosion with some pits(greenish areas) that are millimeter or so deep.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Are you sure that is salt?

What kind of grips do you run that are so pourus?

And don't you wear gloves?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I have allot of that on the inside of my bars, I had no idea that it was from my hands... as i wear gloves.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i thought this thread was gonna refer to the 80* temps today.

i took my lock-ons off not too long ago, and there was nasty ass smelling liquid on the bar. i don't know what the hell it was, but it smelled like an asshole.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
the Inbred said:

i took my lock-ons off not too long ago, and there was nasty ass smelling liquid on the bar. i don't know what the hell it was, but it smelled like an asshole.
Ummmm...... what the Hell have you been doing to your bar? :confused:

Pervert. :D

-S.S.-

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
the Inbred said:

please keep your weekend activities to yourself.

Yea today TOTALLY SUCKS becuase i'm all stuck up inside.

J

JRB

My bars don't do that. Actually, that's not my bar is it??? :eek: I agree with the lock ons and a cleaning program. Preventative maintenance ain't so bad, ya know.

J

JRB

chicodude01 said:
You can. You can even get shortened (sp?) ones so your brake levers aren't inward too much
shhhhhhh - I think Chris thinks you can't. He probably doesn't know about the grip shift ones you are referring to.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
chicodude01 said:
You can. You can even get shortened (sp?) ones so your brake levers aren't inward too much

loco said:
shhhhhhh - I think Chris thinks you can't. He probably doesn't know about the grip shift ones you are referring to.

Pau11y said:
Hum.. does that mean I broke something 'cause I ran those stubby Profile Design ones w/ some lock-ons when I had a flat bar :think:
Geez. I learn something new everyday. Thought that they locked on to the end of the bar, but looking at them they are just clamps.

Let it go, ya'll.

edit - I even deleted the offending message.

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Geez. I learn something new everyday. Thought that they locked on to the end of the bar, but looking at them they are just clamps.

Let it go, ya'll.

edit - I even deleted the offending message.
You never have offending messages. :think: You are the most laid back friend of mine. sheesh - I didn't like lock ons for what it's worth. I would just get Susan to let you buy a compressor. :D

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Got two rides on it as a SS before I noticed the crack. I was using it for a kid trailer hauler for a while. Check out the 150 mm stem. And that is a quadra 20 on the front.

It had already been sent in twice to fix the clamp area (It was also gray for a while). I decided to retire it after this last crack.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Skookum said:
mmm yummy salt lick....

seems useful if you have a pal on the trail who is dehydrating. Probably work better than Gatorade.
I watched a mechanic last week beat the crap out of a titanium fork with a wooden mallet to get it unstuck because the owner "sweats a lot" and I guess it just pours into his head tube. It was very crusty and very nasty.