Quantcast

summer weight bike glove help

blacky

Monkey
Nov 1, 2001
sedona,az
104 degs here today.

i used to use fox incline when they made it with a lightly padded palm.

no padding means raw hands after hours of rocky riding with the fear-of-death-grip.

since fox removed the padding, i've been scrounging year after year for a dependable replacement.

the material on the back of the incline in a single layer is as good as it gets for desert riding.

i need full finger gloves (to keep more of my fingers post ride).

tried the troy lee designs twice (practically the same as the old incline) but they shred after only 10 rides. gets a bit expensive fo a po boy.

thin back/lightly padded palm available in: not black, and i'm happy.

as an aside (been reading too many glove promos), did you know! that troy lee gloves maximizes the flow of air over the hand! ! wow! what will they think of next.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
if your hands are getting torn up to the point that you need padding and it's not from crashing, you need to adjust your body/riding position or just ride more to toughen up your hands.

djivotno

Monkey
Oct 3, 2008
I'm in love with my 661 Rajis, they have some padding and that's about it. I did love the Inclines too, and if i can i would get a new pair even with no padding (my old one is 3 years old and still strong) but at this stage Rajis come at the same price for me and are easy to get.

And... don't go for the Dakine Ventilator - They're neighter ventilated nor strong