Quantcast

\/\/Sun Dazzle/\/\

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Passed. 85%. Misses were largely on calculating gift and estate taxes for a small, closely owned business with tax limits and credits having to come from memory.

Karting now. Because, fuck spending the rest of my day thinking.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So apparently there's a K1 national and world championship for Jrs and teens starting in 2023. You have to place 1-3 in your site for the season. Then race state > region > natl. Manager is already assuming Haley's getting #1 or #2, so sounds like we're on this train too. So much for that done at 55 thing...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So apparently there's a K1 national and world championship for Jrs and teens starting in 2023. You have to place 1-3 in your site for the season. Then race state > region > natl. Manager is already assuming Haley's getting #1 or #2, so sounds like we're on this train too. So much for that done at 55 thing...
You should probably get another 2nd job now for when she progresses to something more expensive than a cart.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Managed to....melt?....a 1" hole through the shell of my <1yr LL Bean down jacket?! Not pleased.
They'll probably hook you up if you contact them given the age of it, no?

/me is back in Denver now. I should hop on the Peloton or go ride outside perhaps
The good news, they gave me a full refund (opted for store credit). The (not terribly) bad news, they didnt have another in stock so I'll have to see what I can get online.
IMG_20230205_160200275_HDR.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
What’s the endgame? Everyone in motorsport from karting through F1 has rich parent-patrons, no? It’s not a self funding venture.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, had a full family meeting with pops, probably the last time I will see him.
He was basically fishing around to see if there was any 'alternative' to living any longer. Everyone was pretty quiet, and I had to say "Dad, I don't think there is any practical or quasi-legal way we can hasten your own demise, unfortunately". He just politely said "Please don't crush my fantasies!"
Very interesting conversation.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Oh, Stoney, she will be driving MUCH faster than 55 when she gets ahold of a proper car. I say teach her to drive in a rental on the Autobahn.
Oh no. I won't be retiring at 55. She's already pushing 50 in her kart, pre-tune. I'm expecting her to push through that easily once she gets back out when it's warmer.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The garbage company is fencing off 80 acres of the trails closest to the parking lot. We are losing 5 miles of singletrack my friends and I built a decade ago.

The garbage company was locally owned and then was bought by a west side company. The west side company has been operating outside their permit and doing shit wrong. Now they sold to an Australian corporation and they're going balls to the wall.

Everytime my contact there tells me whats going to happen, something different happens. The evil corporations are evil.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What’s the endgame? Everyone in motorsport from karting through F1 has rich parent-patrons, no? It’s not a self funding venture.
None. We're just going to keep going. We don't have to have a "goal". She just keeps getting better at her pace and enjoying it. And some point she won't. I'll obviously try to push her through any emotional or challenging points, but it's her thing.

Hannah's doing gymnastics. Zero chance in hell she's going anywhere far with it. So what? She enjoys it and we're going to keep doing it until she's done.

We'll probably push Haley into Volleyball or something similar so she has a HS sport, but more for the social aspects. She also does viola and spends tons of time on it, because she likes it. We largely just provide them the ability to do what they like in the best way we can for them to succeed to whatever level they want to go.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I know Stoney has already replied to this, and I haven’t read his response yet so take this for what it’s worth. But this comes off like you’re trying to tell Stoney how to parent… and that sucks. A lot. Stop it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I know Stoney has already replied to this, and I haven’t read his response yet so take this for what it’s worth. But this comes off like you’re trying to tell Stoney how to parent… and that sucks. A lot. Stop it.
Fair enough. I will climb off his back until he’s driving cross country with the kart in tow.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fair enough. I will climb off his back until he’s driving cross country with the kart in tow.
And if that happens, it happens. If she gets good enough that we're legitimately doing that for her to keep competing, so be it. She's not racing F1. We have a budget. We're not going into debt for anything, we live off what we can afford to, which is thankfully a high threshold. But we have certain baselines of saving for retirement and school - which I think makes us different that a lot of the other families we've met to date.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
you know its bad when a non-parent has to come out and say it.

not everything needs an endgame. sometimes people do things just because its fun and they enjoy it.