Quantcast

sun equalizer?

Jester

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Beverly, MA
Sorry I should have made myself clearer.

Does anybody have any FEEDBACK on these rims? As in has anybody used these rims and if so how did they hold up?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
They're crap. The shop where I work has a rental fleet of Kona Dawgs that all use these rims, and they are ALWAYS out of true. We true and tension them after every ride, and it's all but guaranteed that next ride they will come back wobbling and hopping like crazy.

wicked cool

Monkey
Jun 22, 2004
wheels coming out of true is more of a indication that the build is crap not the rim.

now if the rims were actually bending, flat spoting, or dinging. that would mean they are crap.

since they are on rental bikes i'm assuming they are factory built wheels and probably have no spoke prep which is prolly why the keep coming out of true.

Oct 8, 2003
I have a set on my bike and they have low hours but I have about 25 DH runs on them with out any flat spots and I have not even had to re tension them since I built them. Ill post pics later.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
any updates on this? i noticed some equalizer rims with demon hub wheelsets being sold at a good price. they weigh almost half a pound less than my current outlaws. input please.