Quantcast

Sun Ringle 8-Tracks for DH

samud

Chimp
Jun 3, 2004
hey i am kind of new to this site so dont get mad at me if this topic has been posted before. i am wondering if anyone has had any expirience using these rims for DH, and what they're like. thanks

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Well 8-tracks are just a complete version of MTX. And many people ride MTX wheels and love them.

Im getting a set of 8-tracks sometime in the next month.
Id say their good from what I've heard.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i've got 8 tracks i bought through my now expired sun sponsorship, and they seem really nice. the craftsmanship on the rims and hubs seems really solid, and the build quality though sun is great too. their customer service was great when i had to send stuff back, so i'd recommend the wheels. the thing is, the wheels are really expensive for what they are unless you get a sponsorship deal or sale price. you can get a custom wheelset with exactly what you want for cheaper, but the wheels really are top quality.

Nov 9, 2005
They are really strong wheels. I'm a hack rider and the trails i ride in santa barbara are very rocky, and after a year of this wheel set id say that they have held up really well. There are only a few flat spots on the rim in the rear and they have never come untrue.