Quantcast

Sunday 11/2/08 & Monday 11/3/08

Agras

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Anyone riding these days? I'm coming up from Florida and staying in Bryson City. I'd like to do some trail riding these two days while the wifey does her girly spa's and shopping.

Wondered if I could come along for a ride or two...I've got gas money. I'm bringing up a 35# Transition Preston FR with 5 inches of travel...I don't mind pedaling but I probably wouldn't be able to do an epic ride with crazy climbs over long distances.

MTB NC Rob had mentioned Laurel and Trace as good options but I'm willing to check anything out at this point in the Pisgah area.

Actually where I'm staying is pretty close to the Tsali trailhead...is that any good?

If I can't find a shuttle is there any riding in the area that I could do on my own without needing to be with a group of people?

Thanks for all your help and any information is greatly appreciated.

Agras

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Anyone? Anywhere?

Ok...maybe someone can chime in on a place to ride near Asheville without needing a shuttle? 26W closes the 1st.

Thank you.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Anyone? Anywhere?

Ok...maybe someone can chime in on a place to ride near Asheville without needing a shuttle? 26W closes the 1st.

Thank you.
There is a great route in Bent Creek that you could easily do by yourself. It is about 2000' of climbing with a bailout after descending Greenslick. If you stop at Carolina Fatz right outside of Bent Creek, you could grab a map and I believe they have the route detailed on a white board.

Basically you go up to Greenslick, go down, turn left climb back to 5 points, descend lower Side Hill all the way to the Gravel Road. Turn right, look for a trail off to your left (Wolf Laurel), take that back to the bottom, turn right and follow the trail back to the trail head. It is a little more involved than that, but with a map and some directions you shouldnt die alone in the woods.

Agras

Chimp
Jun 23, 2008
Lol, thanks. :cheers:

Don mentioned Greenslick yesterday and I think that'll definitely be the spot on Sunday.