Quantcast

Sunday- 5th Element Question

tirader

Chimp
Jun 23, 2004
On my Sunday, if I compress the rear suspension and let it rebound back up the rear shock will not fully extend until I pull up the seat. It only lacks extending by about 1/8"- 1/4". Just enough for me to feel it when I'm pushing my bike over bumps. I took it to a bike shop and the guy there said it does not matter because when I'm riding there is constant pressure (sag) on the rear shock. Is this B.S. or not??:mumble:

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
tirader said:
On my Sunday, if I compress the rear suspension and let it rebound back up the rear shock will not fully extend until I pull up the seat. It only lacks extending by about 1/8"- 1/4". Just enough for me to feel it when I'm pushing my bike over bumps. I took it to a bike shop and the guy there said it does not matter because when I'm riding there is constant pressure (sag) on the rear shock. Is this B.S. or not??:mumble:
You could crank down the spring preload if you are concerned about it. That should stiffen up the initial travel.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have seen this on my own 5th last year and on one other Sunday 5th equiped Sunday. This is first indication that the shock is about to fail and it will very soon need a rebuild.

DHDror

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Israel
Only 6 Sundays in my area , 3 with 5th and 3 with DHX.
On all the 5th equipped bikes , pulling up from the seat feels like the shock is extending by about 1/8" and lightly clanks as it tops-out.
All 3 bikes are with the 3rd generation shock tune .

I think this is normal and has no effect on the shock work.

TNash1757

Chimp
Mar 19, 2006
yeah my 5th has almost no rebound in the top half inch or so of travel, it basically stops a half inch from fully rebounding then i pull it up the rest of the way and it makes fairly loud thunk noise.