Quantcast

Sunday ETA

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Mattoid said:
Did you ordered from supergo? Are they seriously selling them that cheap?

Yes, Fed Ex picked up the bike today and it should be on its way soon (if not already). The total amount charged (shipped and all) was almost exactly $2,500.

I'm gonna be really pissed if they don't honor that price...

I'll be sure to clock some time on the bike ASAP and let all the monkeys know how it feels :)

Tomorrow or Friday is the ETA.

BTW, the price is back up to 3,300 now :p

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Ian Collins said:
get a turner...there are tons in stock and it's a damn good race bike....anyone that would be happy on a sunday would be happy on a turner...the wait is ridiculous even by bike industry standards

IC
Agree Turners are really nice, but have you spent a lot of time on a Sunday to justify your comment? Or are you trying to say that regardless of how good the Sunday might be when they eventually arrive, a Turner is good enough for everyone and nobody should ever strive for anything better? :confused:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
OGRipper said:
Agree Turners are really nice, but have you spent a lot of time on a Sunday to justify your comment? Or are you trying to say that regardless of how good the Sunday might be when they eventually arrive, a Turner is good enough for everyone and nobody should ever strive for anything better? :confused:
:stupid: I was going to say the same thing. The Turner is a great bike and I'm sure the Sunday will also be a fantastic bike - but I highly doubt they will have the same riding characteristics.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Jestere said:
^^ Yeah, but turners are 1500 at supergo, and you can have one in a few days.
Well yeah, it's definitely true you could be riding sooner, and a great bike you can ride today is better than the most promising bike that you don't have yet.

But still, these are very different frames so I don't really understand the original comment about being happy with a Turner if you really wanted a Sunday. Like, someone who wanted a V10 should be just as happy with a Cuervo...? :think:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
OGRipper said:
But still, these are very different frames so I don't really understand the original comment about being happy with a Turner if you really wanted a Sunday. Like, someone who wanted a V10 should be just as happy with a Cuervo...? :think:
There are many excellent frames out there now-a-days that are proven.....and 99.9% of the riders don't have the skill to approach the limit of them........so a sunday might pedal .0003% better or brake .004% better than any bike on the planet. Again, that is unproven. I say, get a reliable, proven frame and focus on saddle time.......

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Another person waiting on the sunday team... (me)

My lbs that im sponsored by just became an aouthorized dealer i will be the first to get one from them... :thumb:

OGRipper said:
Well yeah, it's definitely true you could be riding sooner, and a great bike you can ride today is better than the most promising bike that you don't have yet.

I agree.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Cant Climb said:
There are many excellent frames out there now-a-days that are proven.....and 99.9% of the riders don't have the skill to approach the limit of them........so a sunday might pedal .0003% better or brake .004% better than any bike on the planet. Again, that is unproven. I say, get a reliable, proven frame and focus on saddle time.......
Yeah yeah, we've been over this. If we all rode "proven" frames, we'd be riding something similar to that ridden by Victor Vicente of America. Don't be afraid of development.

This has never been about what we need, it's about what we want. I can't approach the limit of a Ferrari but I still want one...

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I just got off the phone with the shop I am getting my frame from. He called his IH rep while I was on hold and got some updates for me.

Supposedly the Sunday Team and WC's are done and will be getting to IH's warehouse by the April 1st date. They will ship out to the LBS's from there.

Supposedly the first half of the Sunday Factory's are finished and should be shipping out soon (any day). The LBS I am dealing with is scheduled to get a frame from the first batch. The rumor is they will be going directly to the LBS with will save a little time in getting them.

So if things go as rumored the LBS will have the frame in the next week or two and I should have it a week or so later. :thumb:

Hopefully some of this is true, I had my credit card out and was getting ready to order a DHR today. I will probably be kicking myself in the ass in two weeks for missing a killer deal. :think:

OR if all this is in fact rumor I should have my frame just in time for Halloween!! :evil: :mumble:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Salami said:
I just got off the phone with the shop I am getting my frame from. He called his IH rep while I was on hold and got some updates for me.

So if things go as rumored the LBS will have the frame in the next week or two and I should have it a week or so later. :thumb:
Doing the math that = the magical "another two weeks!" ;)

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
My bike (not an IH) has been 2 weeks out since November 11, 2004. I am certain I will be riding it April 7th now because that's 2 weeks out. ;)

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
MMcG said:
Doing the math that = the magical "another two weeks!" ;)
Damn straight!!

I am feeling a bit more confident on this one though as I got the same information from another reliable source who I trust more. :monkey:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Cant Climb said:
If all your buddies went snowboarding for the weekend and you had to sit at home for the next month because you're board was mail ordered...wouldn't you be happy to grab a rental at the local ski shop and rip....???

they're jsut trying to comment on how bad the jones is to ride. If everybody else is riding and you got no bike, suddenly anything will do.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
bizutch said:
If all your buddies went snowboarding for the weekend and you had to sit at home for the next month because you're board was mail ordered...wouldn't you be happy to grab a rental at the local ski shop and rip....???

they're jsut trying to comment on how bad the jones is to ride. If everybody else is riding and you got no bike, suddenly anything will do.
I hear ya......

Rule #1) is be cautious in buying new products in the DH world....
Rule #2) always have some kinda of bike that you can count to ride at any time....
Rule #3) get as much saddle time as possible......do this,in part, by managing #1, #2 correctly.......

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I agree with Rules #2 and #3 but I'm too much of a parts junkie to strictly follow Rule #1.

Oh well, rules are made to be broken and I like playing with new stuff, it's part of the richness of biking for me.

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a horrible, horrible bastard of a human being, but after seeing this baby posted on our forums I knew I just had to share it with you guys...if only to tease you a little ;)

Here we have a made in the USA Sunday frameset, mated with a made in Taiwan rear end...don't ask me how or why the frame made it to Australia first or how much crack the owner was smoking to make him think that this colour combination was anything short of hideous.

Attachments

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
FarkinRyan said:
Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a horrible, horrible bastard of a human being, but after seeing this baby posted on our forums I knew I just had to share it with you guys...if only to tease you a little ;)

Here we have a made in the USA Sunday frameset, mated with a made in Taiwan rear end...don't ask me how or why the frame made it to Australia first or how much crack the owner was smoking to make him think that this colour combination was anything short of hideous.
not fair! ahhhhhhhhhhh

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
FarkinRyan said:
how much crack the owner was smoking to make him think that this colour combination was anything short of hideous.
Aieeee! My eyes! Zee goggles - zey do nuzzing!