Quantcast

sunday gfmt

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Man, that was a bad night of "sleep", even for me.

Looking to buy bike parts last night, but it would appear e.13 trs bash guards are nowhere to be found. Where did you all go my preciouses?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
After yesterday's broken rear brake depression I got of bed and did a road ride on the gravel bike on my favorite route up the coast. Still mild and not much sun around here but mild is good when you are on the road. Back to cleaning up the basement the rest of the day.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I'm up! What was supposed to be a mild week with some snow here and there might turn out to be a shitty week of drizzle, ice rain and rain. What is this weather fuckery?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Present. We've got our annual family gratuitous gift exchange via Zoom this afternoon. Christmas Day plans involved skiing and the weather is saying heavy rain. Figures. Speaking of skiing, Wife bought me some XC skis, which I am kind of looking forward to figuring out.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
are you looking for a full bash, or the taco that bolts up under your ring?

good morning.
coffee now, maybe ski, maybe not.
The taco that bolts up to the ISCG holes. Im not smacking it frequently enough to warrant the full bash, but had a few times where rocks/logs kissed my downtube. Dont like that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Errands with H&H to account for getting nothing done yesterday. Wifey goes to Outlets w/ MIL to finish xmas shopping for the girls. Will be getting Santa photos today too, but they are very different than before... Plexi screen, reservations, etc (https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/santas-wonderland). Should be interesting to watch, but it might mean we get a picture without Hannah losing her shit, so... win?

Supposed to be taking the whole week off but need to finish up my emails from Friday and turn on my ooo. Company computer had OS update Thursday night and has been sitting in "stage 2 of 2" for update since at least Friday at 9am. I'm *thinking* something might be wrong...

Gotta get all of our skis tuned. Didn't before season started and they are SLOW and the edges aren't biting well. Most places have a 2-3 week wait, which isn't really acceptable given we need them every weekend at this point. @Nick or @SkaredShtles feel like teaching me how to wax/tune the skis at some point here? I can bribe w/ beer or whiskey :)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
masked.....socially distanced....talking through the fence?
We do that with our local neighbors too. People make food, then spread out talk/hang-out (masked), eat outside, etc. The kids know to keep their masks on at this point too. It's doable, if you want to make it so.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
The taco that bolts up to the ISCG holes. Im not smacking it frequently enough to warrant the full bash, but had a few times where rocks/logs kissed my downtube. Dont like that.
this is what I had, it isn't the latest ISCG so I think it was for bolting up to a BB adapter plate. If you can use it, pm a mailing address.
20201220_081839.jpg

feel like teaching me how to wax/tune the skis at some point here?
sure, but acquiring everything you'll need is a small expense. I can do them so long as you can leave them for a day, or hang out in the garage for a while.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
masked.....socially distanced....talking through the fence?
We do that with our local neighbors too. People make food, then spread out talk/hang-out (masked), eat outside, etc. The kids know to keep their masks on at this point too. It's doable, if you want to make it so.
:stupid:

They both work from home. If anything, they are the ones taking the risk by having a teacher and a guy who works at the airport over. Though my colon is taking a big risk eating Sam's hot wings. :panic:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Get the One-Up one. Lightweight, simple, replaceable skid plates for different chainring sizes.

Rode on snow with a buddy this morning. Was good, people still suck.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

My belly is full. Kids are still in matching jammies. The situation is acceptable.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
this is what I had, it isn't the latest ISCG so I think it was for bolting up to a BB adapter plate. If you can use it, pm a mailing address.
View attachment 153845

sure, but acquiring everything you'll need is a small expense. I can do them so long as you can leave them for a day, or hang out in the garage for a while.
@Adventurous I can see what I have for BB adapters if you need one.

@Nick Haley would probably be rolling with me, since she's off this week. Since I have 4 pairs of skis to do (H1, me*2, & Wifey), it would probably be worth showing me how to do them. The initial cost is worth the forward cost savings.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
War on Christmas is kicking into gear, truly the season of giving...

panda-skater-naked-caters-5.jpg

Naked man filmed rollerblading on Ohio highway wearing only panda head
By Natalie O'Neill

His commute was total panda-monium.

A man was caught on camera rollerblading naked down an eight-lane Ohio highway — wearing only a giant plush panda head.

The roller-streaker was seen zipping at a remarkably high speed while clutching a golf club on I-670 in Columbus Tuesday — irking drivers who honked and gawked.

“This dude’s on the freeway naked!” one stunned motorist can be heard saying as he shoots wild footage of the incident.

When the driver honks, the birthday-suited blader moves to the shoulder of the highway to let his car pass, the now-viral video shows.

The oddball’s identity wasn’t known as of Thursday, according to authorities, who told WTRF-TV that the naked guy’s choice of transit was their biggest concern.

Police are looking to identify an inline skater filmed naked on the Columbus freeway in Ohio.
Caters

“Pedestrians are not permitted on interstate highways,” a spokesman at the Ohio Department of Transportation said.

“There are signs posted at all the entrance ramps. This is a safety issue.”

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
View attachment 153845

Hmm, I believe you are correct. Not sure how that shiz would work with a press fit BB though...

Get the One-Up one. Lightweight, simple, replaceable skid plates for different chainring sizes.

Rode on snow with a buddy this morning. Was good, people still suck.
Dis one?

99208.jpg

@Adventurous I can see what I have for BB adapters if you need one.

@Nick Haley would probably be rolling with me, since she's off this week. Since I have 4 pairs of skis to do (H1, me*2, & Wifey), it would probably be worth showing me how to do them. The initial cost is worth the forward cost savings.
I'll let you know. Gotta figure out if these are compatible with a press fit BB, or if I must go ISCG.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hmm, I believe you are correct. Not sure how that shiz would work with a press fit BB though...

Dis one?

View attachment 153848

I'll let you know. Gotta figure out if these are compatible with a press fit BB, or if I must go ISCG.
I have nothing for press fit. My stuff is all old school. When did you get rid of the Turner? Did I miss the memo?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm up! What was supposed to be a mild week with some snow here and there might turn out to be a shitty week of drizzle, ice rain and rain. What is this weather fuckery?
Lots of snow here yesterday.

And yep, its been raining this morning.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I have nothing for press fit. My stuff is all old school. When did you get rid of the Turner? Did I miss the memo?
Still have the Turner, but its been relegated to museum piece for a few years, owing to my acquisition of an SB5 in 2016.

Turner shall be built back up some day, when I can acquire an appropriate 6" travel, 26" wheel, 1 1/8" steerer tube fork with a 20mm axle.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Womp womp. Tried to do a nice for the neighbor and made her some spicy sausage rice, not knowing that Ethiopians don't eat pork. Oopses.

Guess I just made our dinner for the next few nights.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Made lasagna and the family liked it. Port Wine for dessert for the chef.

Clean up project over at least for now. Amazing how much crap is stowed away and another reason why do not buy much. Completely renovating the basement over the next couple of months so perfect opportunity to clean up.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
@Adventurous JRA confirmed they have the oneup underbash in stock. Plan on picking one up Christmas Eve since they're open and will be one town over at the in-laws.

Assuming they have more than one would you want me to pick you up one?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just distributed five surprise loaves of sourdough to friends and neighbors, lots of happy people from some simple baking. Still warm with kerrygold butter.
Got the warm and fuzzies right now.

Last edited: