Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Had invites to ride but the woods look like a mess still. Pushing through slush and mud not something I particularly enjoy even if it is 50°.

Will instead play some catch with the oldest, maybe dick around with some volume reducers in my fork and shock and do some office work.
Also need to go buy an additional company truck, may motivate on that as well.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Anything exciting on the truck front, dan-o? Medium duty time? :D

Jessica and I went out to the Colorado Symphony again last night, with here-for-business-trip-ostensibly father-in-law doing bedtime for the girls in our stead. Mahler 2. Solid, albeit not recording perfect.

Today Jessica and Mariko head off to the same arts complex to see Alice in Wonderland. I don't have to go, and instead just have to watch over the baby. The upside is that this is during her naptime, so it'll probably be a pretty low-key gig.

My big project for today will be to finally order the rest of the parts to finish my gaming computer build. The first bits were picked up on Black Friday. The time has come to make it functional, for 4k Fallout 4.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
@Toshi, this for my production manager so I care fuck-all about it. Looking at a couple dealer demo used 2015 f150, 4wd 5.0 xlt.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee, then some yard work until the wife gets gets back from the barn then we will go hike to the top of Brushy Peak with Watson our youngest dog. (to much of a hike for the old guys)

Diet milestone: I'm back under 240 having lost 36 pounds

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I just specced out a XLT, standard cab, long bed 4x4 with the non-turbo 3.5L V6 on ford.com, fwiw. Doesn't mean one exists in Boston surrounds at this moment.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I took 5 years off from real life between 1999 and 2004, if I thought I could afford it I would do it again.
What happened to me is I drastically over estimated my life expenses and material needs. I realized that work and family expenses could be eliminated from my projected expenses. I no longer needed a car even though I still wanted one(I outright owned the racing Honda, I miss that car everyday...). I no longer needed a big house and storage for all my stuff. Once I decided to get rid off all my stuff I had more then enough money to live on.

So basically I worked to get stuff I didn't actually need. I fell into the belief that my yearly income was what I needed to live on. Actually it turned out that I could live on a fifth of that and I retired. The cool thing is that with out working additional income sources were available to me. Fun things I always wanted to do. The time and energy I needed to safely enter the real estate market has been very fruitful for me. I wanted to cook. So now I cook for fun and only fun. I wanted to take care of my health, so I just did it. Work fucks with your health. When you can properly live you will find that the health part falls into place.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That is unexciting. Downgrade them to the base non-Ecoboost V6 for kicks? :D
Those crew cab beds (all the demo trucks were crews) are fucking useless.
Looking a new super cab, xl w/ power group, 6.5 or 8' bed, 4wd 2.7 ecoboost with heavy payload pkg.
Jedi mind tricked sales guy into birdogging down a bunch of trucks from extended inventory.
Showed him my financing, gave him some VIN #s, handed him my card and sent him off in a frenzy.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So basically I worked to get stuff I didn't actually need. I fell into the belief that my yearly income was what I needed to live on. Actually it turned out that I could live on a fifth of that and I retired.
Eliminating family expense in the manner I would prefer is not an option... I haven't bought a bike or high end bike part since 2008 and yet somehow they are functional? The only drawback with my time off from the world was my spending habits which continued on as if the checks where still rolling in. I was never house proud or vehicle poor but I did spend over 20 grand on bicycles and bicycle parts in just one year. I still have 2 sets of unopened / unused shimano M959 SPD pedals for my road bike, at some point I thought I could actually wear them out.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hi.
Leaving the South Shore on Tuesday for a stop in Vegas then moving to Boulder.
Super stoked. New place will have wi-fi so i will be back online again. not sure how i feel about that though.
Headed up to Heavenly in a second after I return some books to the library.
cheers yall.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Eliminating family expense in the manner I would prefer is not an option... I haven't bought a bike or high end bike part since 2008 and yet somehow they are functional? The only drawback with my time off from the world was my spending habits which continued on as if the checks where still rolling in. I was never house proud or vehicle poor but I did spend over 20 grand on bicycles and bicycle parts in just one year. I still have 2 sets of unopened / unused shimano M959 SPD pedals for my road bike, at some point I thought I could actually wear them out.
I did also. I bought a 18th century Oak Table for a $2K. I just sold it in Philly for $12K. As I sell my shit. I get return on investment in ways I never thought of at the time of purchase. I just keep adding that cash to the mattress fund.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Those crew cab beds (all the demo trucks were crews) are fucking useless.
Looking a new super cab, xl w/ power group, 6.5 or 8' bed, 4wd 2.7 ecoboost with heavy payload pkg.
Jedi mind tricked sales guy into birdogging down a bunch of trucks from extended warranty.
Showed him my financing, gave him some VIN #s, handed him my card and sent him off in a frenzy.
you just need the right truck with a crewcab long bed 4x4

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Redux of yesterdays 18 miles of trail riding. Hopefully sneak in another ride tomorrow before 5" of the white stuff falls again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Lifetime commitment or by the hour?
I am a time and materials kind of guy. So whatever provides for the maximum benefit I opt for. That is the cool part of retirement. The choice of self determination is a freedom you can only take advantage of when you are young. You don't figure out that shit until you're old enough to look back at what you squandered. I have plenty of money because I never stopped being poor. All my choices were made as if I didn't have any money or out of fear. Things of value don't stop being valuable after you plop them down in your house....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
you just need the right truck with a crewcab long bed 4x4

That's what I've got, this is for the lead minion.
The guys can squeeze into the super cab when needed, he'll be alone 80% of the time, running materials and dragging out 14' box trailer around.
We work in very tight areas so maximium utility with minimal length is the goal.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy yall.

Today has been exciting. I woke up at an unholy hour on the holiest of days, just to take a poop. Then went over to a buddies house to help setup his AV receiver that has been sitting on his kitchen floor for the past year. After that, I went and sold my old Fox 36 fork for a few hundred bucks and now it is dinner and bong shed time.

An interesting note from todays activities is that I got pretty tipsy off one beer at lunch. I guess stopping pretty much all alcohol consumption over the past few months will do that?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
What happened to me is I drastically over estimated my life expenses and material needs. I realized that work and family expenses could be eliminated from my projected expenses. I no longer needed a car even though I still wanted one(I outright owned the racing Honda, I miss that car everyday...). I no longer needed a big house and storage for all my stuff. Once I decided to get rid off all my stuff I had more then enough money to live on.

So basically I worked to get stuff I didn't actually need. I fell into the belief that my yearly income was what I needed to live on. Actually it turned out that I could live on a fifth of that and I retired. The cool thing is that with out working additional income sources were available to me. Fun things I always wanted to do. The time and energy I needed to safely enter the real estate market has been very fruitful for me. I wanted to cook. So now I cook for fun and only fun. I wanted to take care of my health, so I just did it. Work fucks with your health. When you can properly live you will find that the health part falls into place.
That's some goddamn life coach shit right there. Right a book, seriously, you are by far the most interesting person I e-know.