Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Had a good ride yesterday...I've been sticking to my winter resolution of riding exclusively my (26er) hardtail with flats. It's been really fun and has made me realize how lazy I am when riding FS. That said, I doubt I'll be any less fat and slow when spring conditions finally show up. Sigh.

Today it's looking like the rain missed us again and should be able to get on the bike today as well. First back to back ride in way too long.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
In preparation for presenting at the conference in a week and few days I think today will be the day to buzz the hair and trim the beard back to a more manageable length. 1" for the beard, 1/4" for the head, perhaps? :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A good ride with Sandwich yesterday, a good solo ride in early morning today. New RF/Easton dropper is turning into a disappointment, it is getting frustrating slow.
Watching the nesting eagles is fun, one has to envy their diet - fresh flesh with scales, feathers or fur.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies!

My ass is sore from a particularly bad saddle on the bike I rode yesterday, it's a stock Bontrager from about 2006 and the only one I've never replaced. I've had a replacement saddle since purchasing the bike but never installed it. I'm lucky that a basic WTB saddle works fine for me.

In endurance sleeping news, I may be last night's winner with nearly 11 hours of good sleep. :)

Today's agenda involves endurance loafing, it should go well.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My task for the weekend is done. Cleaned and washed every single part on the bike, except for the seat post cable. I think I count 15 zip ties.

Might be time to bump the fork up to 160mm :brows:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Heavy rain and wind last night, knocked a power line down about a 1/4 mile from my house. We watched the arc flash build and fall in unison with the intensity of our lights for almost half an hour. Epic !!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
35 mile ride on the tri bike this morning. Temp was in the 20's but I way overdressed and roasted. Recovered with overpriced boutique hamburger for lunch with the wife, then burned off said burger with a 2600 yard swim. All in all, a good day.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
back from weekend in brevard. good eats, good beers, nice hikes, decent sleep. almost makes up for the lack of pedaling...almost but not quite. i feel a fuckit friday coming on...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
21 miles on the trails up in Fort Collins with wifey and a friend who lives up there.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Good ride this morning, managed to survive the 3" of snow without a fatbike.
Attended to the wifeys needs and took a 4 hr nap upon my return.
Drinking beer and making lasagna this evening.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
35 mile ride on the tri bike this morning. Temp was in the 20's but I way overdressed and roasted. Recovered with overpriced boutique hamburger for lunch with the wife, then burned off said burger with a 2600 yard swim. All in all, a good day.
But how long did you sleep last night?!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Shot arrows at a 50 yard target distance, much fun. Now putting the camper shell that has been sitting under the trees collecting all sorts of crap back on to my old pick up. It took an hour of scrubbing to get the majority of the grime off the damn thing. Sucker is heavy too.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I need to take lessons from the pro-sleepers in here.
Get up early and eat breakfast everyday. Don't drink alcohol immediately before bed. Hydrate properly with water everyday, no excuses. Do some form of exercise daily, no excuses. Eat Bananas for a snack instead of sweets or chips. Never drink diet soda ever period. Vitamin B in any form....