Quantcast

***Sunday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Kid is out of the house, so date night with the wife. We stayed home and made enchiladas and had wine, because that's how we party. Wine destroyed my sleep, so now I'm dragging trying to get ready for work. Windy out there.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. F1 is on shortly. Then we're off to the pool with the girls for my parent's last day here.

We had a chance to look at the double-cab, long-bed Tacoma yesterday at the art festival because Toyota was there. Wifey kind of liked it once she got past the idea of not having a leather/luxury inside. All of us fit in it, with the Deckd system in the back all of my tools/etc fit with the kart on top. Plus, if we sell the All-road, it makes no change to the cost of our life. New conversation variable. Not that my goal is to get rid of the All-road, but this kind of solves a bunch of problems.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Here. F1 is on shortly. Then we're off to the pool with the girls for my parent's last day here.

We had a chance to look at the double-cab, long-bed Tacoma yesterday at the art festival because Toyota was there. Wifey kind of liked it once she got past the idea of not having a leather/luxury inside. All of us fit in it, with the Deckd system in the back all of my tools/etc fit with the kart on top. Plus, if we sell the All-road, it makes no change to the cost of our life. New conversation variable. Not that my goal is to get rid of the All-road, but this kind of solves a bunch of problems.
As the former owner of a CCLB Tacoma, I would strongly encourage you to look at the 150/1500 series as well. Unless the physical size is absolutely critical, the Tacoma offers marginal benefits. Marginally smaller, marginally better MPGs (conditionally), marginally cheaper. The half ton trucks are more comfortable IMO (especially for taller/larger folks), have significantly better power, and have better ride quality.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Out with the old, in with the new. Today is sliding door install day.

Heading out for a family vacation with the parents/siblings/SOs on Wednesday and damn are the wife and I picking up everyone's slack. I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
As the former owner of a CCLB Tacoma, I would strongly encourage you to look at the 150/1500 series as well. Unless the physical size is absolutely critical, the Tacoma offers marginal benefits. Marginally smaller, marginally better MPGs (conditionally), marginally cheaper. The half ton trucks are more comfortable IMO (especially for taller/larger folks), have significantly better power, and have better ride quality.
I just don't like big vehicles. That's my issue.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I just don't like big vehicles. That's my issue.
F150 with 5.5' bed is 2" wider, 1" taller, and 6" longer. The Tacoma really isn't that much smaller.

But hey, your call. Just relaying my experience. The extra 50 hp, 75 ftlbs torque, and double the range of the full size is awfully appealing.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi there, buddies! I was out the door at 6:00 this morning and rode 58 miles on my tri bike. 18.8 mph avg...good ride but I'd like to get that closer to 20 mph. Wife bought me a Garmin Edge 1040 and I used it for the first time today. Very cool device...much better than the Wahoo Bolt I'd been using.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Waiting for the wife to get up so I can watch the race. She barely pays attention to it, but lord help me if I start it before she's up, dammit.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Dont buy a Tacoma without test driving a comparable F150! So comfortable and roomy. My 2018 ecoboost got 20 mpg.

I just traded the f150 in for a Ford Maverick. Way smaller! I am in love with it, haha!

I even moved this dresser last night even, haha.

Resized_20240706_162620_1720367748908.jpeg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wandered around quebec. brunch soon. then going to nearby waterfall. will go see rise against playing at summer music festival tonight. kiddo is seeing some hip hop group on another stage. wifey will chill.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Successfully rode the MTB home (1600. Ft. Mildly chunky descent) from the concert I was working last night. Wrist is certainly sore, and I went super slow, but I’m calling this a success.
However, I am ‘hungover’ as fuck from working four late night concerts up there. Amazing venue, on top of Snow King with insane views of the Tetons. (•)(•)

IMG_1879.jpeg

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Successfully road the MTB home (1600. Ft. Mildly chunky descent) from the concert I was working last night. Wrist is certainly sore, and I went super slow, but I’m calling this a success.
However, I am ‘hungover’ as fuck from working four late night concerts up there. Amazing venue, on top of Snow King with insane views of the Tetons. (•)(•)

View attachment 214544
jackson hole needs a outdoor amphitheater with fucking views like that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bike ride was good. Not as humid as I was expecting. Lots of hiker and trail running ladies, have never seen so many on one ride.

Stopped at the farm for corn, ribs for lunch, pool the rest of the day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Stoney: get a Lightning

/me installed Starlink up at the house then did some DH laps. Trestle DH is still fun/a bit scary but in general I feel too old and poor in jumping skills for the hill now. Gonna sell my DH bike for whatever it brings, vanquishing sunk cost bias. Auction will go live tomorrow morning.

(I can always bring my Shuttle up if I feel like paying for a day. They’re allowed these days.)

IMG_3836.jpeg
IMG_3851.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

/me installed Starlink up at the house then did some DH laps. Trestle DH is still fun/a bit scary but in general I feel too old and poor in jumping skills for the hill now. Gonna sell my DH bike for whatever it brings, vanquishing sunk cost bias. Auction will go live tomorrow morning.

(I can always bring my Shuttle up if I feel like paying for a day. They’re allowed these days.)

View attachment 214563View attachment 214564
Likely going to have to sell ours too. Interested to see what you get...

Can we get a welfare check on @Pesqueeb please?
Screenshot_20240707_181629_RadarX.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Likely going to have to sell ours too. Interested to see what you get...

Can we get a welfare check on @Pesqueeb please?
View attachment 214567
So far so good. Looked real evil for a bit, but then.......nothing. Just had a minute or two of sparse, marble sized hail here at the house. Some pretty good build up over the mountain at the moment, so we may not be done yet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Your wig fell off

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC

@Toshi I’m an old man who rides DH poorly and my wife claimed my bike as hers. Check PMs.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@Toshi I’m an old man who rides DH poorly and my wife claimed my bike as hers. Check PMs.
Toshi's is a medium, if you need a large message this guy :D

For anyone else, med and large mullet Commencal Supreme 2022 models. I'll post them up properly.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to rise against. was going to leave afterwards and get kiddo from a different stage where he was going to see a hip hop band. he said the scene was not hype and he's coming over to see my show. this is a huge outdoor music festival. fast forward 30 mins...i decide to push way up into the pit. guess who i find there? :rofl:

lil fucker listens to zero punk/hardcore but randomly met some quebecois teens and followed them there. pretty damn funny/awesome.

stayed and saw offspring too. good times.