Quantcast

***Sunday morning coming down***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So in 1966 RCA and KFC released a mono album Christmas Eve with Colonel Sanders. Then in 1967 was a stereo reissue of the same album. Then in 1968 they released Christmas Day with the Colonel that we have here, in stereo.
Did they come with gravy?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Did they come with gravy?
You bought them with a bucket for like $2.99 or something. Apparently it was a big deal for some folks and now the Colonel is Santa in Japan. So I guess it paid off. Jen doesn't remember the album at all which is even funnier to me. I guess the old man hoarded it to himself. :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You bought them with a bucket for like $2.99 or something. Apparently it was a big deal for some folks and now the Colonel is Santa in Japan. So I guess it paid off. Jen doesn't remember the album at all which is even funnier to me. I guess the old man hoarded it to himself. :rofl:

So they came with gravy?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
@gonefirefightin beat me to it, but I’d buy a 500i over a 661. Although my daily driver is my 193t and 311. My HT131 gets used a lot, but I do more trimming than felling around the farm.
I actually sold my mtronic 661 after running it side by side with my 500i, after I threw on a bark box, intake, and new sprocket I am pretty sure it will outrun a modded 661 now.
You guys are probably tired of hearing me dither about it…

I have no falling to do. (Obvs talking about the chainsaw. Plenty of falling on the bike…)

I do have three stacks of trees (100-200?) that I’ve gotta process. Mostly dougs and white oaks. The bigger straighter pieces of oak beed to get bucked up and dragged to the cooperage. The rest of the oak is gonna be firewood for me and anyone who is willing to come buck and split.

A lot of the dougs will wind up firewood too, but I would like to try milling some beams. Some of them are big, long and straight.

If I was just going to buck everything up, I wouldn’t be looking at the 661 or 500 at all. It is the idea of milling the beams that has me eyeing the big saws.

I really don’t want to buy a dedicated mill…plus blade sharpener, repairer and all the other bs…

“woe is me and my whitepeople problems…”

gonefirefightin

free wieners
You guys are probably tired of hearing me dither about it…

I have no falling to do. (Obvs talking about the chainsaw. Plenty of falling on the bike…)

I do have three stacks of trees (100-200?) that I’ve gotta process. Mostly dougs and white oaks. The bigger straighter pieces of oak beed to get bucked up and dragged to the cooperage. The rest of the oak is gonna be firewood for me and anyone who is willing to come buck and split.

A lot of the dougs will wind up firewood too, but I would like to try milling some beams. Some of them are big, long and straight.

If I was just going to buck everything up, I wouldn’t be looking at the 661 or 500 at all. It is the idea of milling the beams that has me eyeing the big saws.

I really don’t want to buy a dedicated mill…plus blade sharpener, repairer and all the other bs…

“woe is me and my whitepeople problems…”
If I were only able to pick one saw and no other it would be the 500i, you could very easily do everything you need with occasional milling. Being fuel injected it will last longer than a carb saw as well. Firewood processing with he 500 is much faster than any other option, it bucks with significantly faster RPMS due to the EFI, would be even crazier with say a 28" bar just for firewood

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
If I were only able to pick one saw and no other it would be the 500i, you could very easily do everything you need with occasional milling. Being fuel injected it will last longer than a carb saw as well. Firewood processing with he 500 is much faster than any other option, it bucks with significantly faster RPMS due to the EFI, would be even crazier with say a 28" bar just for firewood
Thanks for the input!

EFI in a chainsaw makes my head swim a little. Do the local dealers / shops service them ok? I imagine there isn’t much to adjust - they either run or don’t, right?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Well, I let the guy at saw shop here in town talk me into a new old stock 461. His argument for the non electric carb was that you can tune the mixture a little richer for milling and that it would have a little better torque for milling too. Until I mentioned milling he was also suggesting the 500i…

They’ve always been pretty reliable, so we’ll see how this works out…

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Well, I let the guy at saw shop here in town talk me into a new old stock 461. His argument for the non electric carb was that you can tune the mixture a little richer for milling and that it would have a little better torque for milling too. Until I mentioned milling he was also suggesting the 500i…

They’ve always been pretty reliable, so we’ll see how this works out…
Get yourself a tachometer and check your tune after every sharpening. smol adjustments at a time. The 461 was my daily driver when falling before the 500i.

13k rpm by tach, then 1/8 turn lean on the high needle to get to 13.5 rpm +/-