Quantcast

Sunday Morning Patapsco Rides

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
For anyone who is interested!!!

Starting March 18, 2007 bright and early!!!!!!

Its that time of year again guys/gals. We are starting up our group ride again on March 18th! Meeting almost every Sunday at the Park & Ride (Off Rolling Road and 195/166). WEATHER PERMITTING, we will start at 8:30 A.M. We usually get in about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour ride. You are more then welcome to join, just look for the Princeton Sports van and come over and introduce yourself. This is a good way to meet friends and explore more of the park. If you need help with directions or would like to check if we are riding Sunday just in case the weather is bad, PM me. You can also call the store before 5:00 PM Saturday to double check that we are riding at (410) 995-1894. Please feel free to join us and hope to see you out there tearing up the trail!

And if you havent been in the shop for a while, we have had a lot of awesome bikes and equipment come in! Including a Specialized S-Works Carbon Enduro SL, Enduro SL Experts, Stumpjumper/Epic test bikes, P.Series bikes on the way, Cannondale Carbon Rush, Cannondale Prophets/Rushs, Cannondale F29er's and currently two Cannondale Judges for a little freeride/downhill action. Also we are the only Maverick dealer in the Maryland/DC area! Check out the website for our Women's Only Femme meetings and other organized rides.

See you on March 18th bright and early!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
wow, y'all are pretty cranky... didn't anyone get out to ride this beautiful weekend? if you'd been paying attention the past several years, ryan (?)'s been doing this ride and advertising it here on the RM.

you guys are bitching about a bike shop doing local rides and offering up help to the riding community? that's retarded. if they want to throw in a bit of info about the brand new bikes they just got in, that's cool by me.

what was the last group ride you guys organized?

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
wow, y'all are pretty cranky... didn't anyone get out to ride this beautiful weekend? if you'd been paying attention the past several years, ryan (?)'s been doing this ride and advertising it here on the RM.

you guys are bitching about a bike shop doing local rides and offering up help to the riding community? that's retarded. if they want to throw in a bit of info about the brand new bikes they just got in, that's cool by me.

EXACTLY!!!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I have seen this ride advertised for a long time as well. However, it wasn't the ride posting that received the spam remarks, it was the free store advertising snuck in at the end.

I personally could care less either way, but I see why it got the response it did this time around.

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia

You are correct. The past two years have been under a different name.

The last group ride we organized was probably our last Sunday morning ride. We are hoping to start getting up to the *shed* every third Sunday of the month I believe. We have been up there before with our van and suprisingly we fit about 15 bikes in the back, quite the shuttle vehicle. And we also do organized road rides everything Tuesday starting soon. Thank you.

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
I have seen this ride advertised for a long time as well. However, it wasn't the ride posting that received the spam remarks, it was the free store advertising snuck in at the end.

I personally could care less either way, but I see why it got the response it did this time around.

I understand what you are saying and I understand why I got that response. Not to call anyone out, but more as an example, what about Konabumm's post about the bike shop in College Park? I think we all are considered equal here.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I understand what you are saying and I understand why I got that response. Not to call anyone out, but more as an example, what about Konabumm's post about the bike shop in College Park? I think we all are considered equal here.
Yeah, I agree if he is an employee there. Not sure if that is the case.

Either way, I don't find it to be that big of a deal. I'd be joining in on the ride if I was closer! :)

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
yeah the group ride part was great, but the part about all the new bikes that you have in stock doesnt have place in a public forum. It doesnt really bother me I just feel like taking advantage of this forum for free advertising isent right. Konabumm's was more appropriate because of he isent doesnt work/own the shop and wasent selling any of their idividual products.

On another note. I road everytrail at walnut on saturday and it was almost perfect. The first part of the "expert" trail was muddy as always but you can get around that. And the trail comming up to the gate house was a little rutted out, but everything ealse was in top condition and the park was almost empty.

Rich your ride at sherando alot correct? Me and Matt were planning on going up there on saturday morning if you want to ride, it would be great because we dont really know the trail system.

PM me if ja wanna

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I would go up Saturday for sure, but unfortunately it's a work weekend for me. I'm surpirsed Walnut was in such good shape. I'm supposed to go ride there Wednesday for a training ride with BRO. I was worried about the conditions there.

.....hold on, damnit. You are doing it again! You have a bad habit of derailling threads. :clapping:

Alright, let's keep this thread to the patapsco ride :)

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
yeah the group ride part was great, but the part about all the new bikes that you have in stock doesnt have place in a public forum. It doesnt really bother me I just feel like taking advantage of this forum for free advertising isent right. Konabumm's was more appropriate because of he isent doesnt work/own the shop and wasent selling any of their idividual products.
Understood. Glad to here you guys would come on the ride if you were closer. :) If you ever feel the need to ride Patapsco, I can show you around during the week if you cant make the Sunday deal.

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
This is good, keep us informed about group *shed* rides, I'm in for sure...glad to offer my pick-up (can do at least 7 bikes and riders) as another shed shuttle...
Awesome. Last time we were up there we ended up riding with about 14 people. We had 14 bikes in the van with three people and a pick up following with the rest of the people. It worked out great. Thats an option when we are up there. I'll keep you in touch.

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
Looks like we will probably have to postpone this Sundays ride due this odd weather coming back. Lets hope the spring weather will come back and we can ride next Sunday.

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
Doesnt look like we will be riding this Sunday either. Bummer. Hopefully we can get some warm dry weather soon and get these rides going. Look forward to seeing everyone out there in the future.

andykee

Chimp
Mar 19, 2007
san diego, ca
yeah, i tried to ride it today... it was waaay too muddy and i turned back after about a mile. :plthumbsdown:

i'm definitely going to have to check out one of these group rides though. just not sure how useful i'll be on a sunday morning at 8:30 :twitch:

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
Rode yesterday and today and the trails were awesome. Some sections were super muddy of course, but everything else was nice and tacky. Looks like we will have to hold off on this Sunday ride though because of our big sale. Next Sunday or the second Sunday in April we should be out there. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
If you dont have anything else going on this Sunday, I assume most of you will, our ride should be on for 8:30, if the weather holds out. Might be a little chilly, but that never hurt anyone right? Hope to see you out there!

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
Sorry I missed the update for the following Sunday. I figured with the rain, everyone would surely assume we werent riding. Looks like this Sunday should be BEAutiful! As of now everything is on, so if you dont have plans come on out and ride! See you at the Park and Ride around 8:30!

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
Rode Patapsco twice earlier in the week and it was very dry. I dont believe this rain will cause a problem for our Sunday ride. As long as it doesn't rain tomorrow, our ride should still be on for Sunday monring. See you then!

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
Just a heads up. Our shop van will NOT be there tomorrow because of other matters, but I will be there in my car. If you are looking at the drop in from the Park and Ride, we usually like to park on the far right side. I will or should have a blue Cannondale Prophet on my roof. See you then!

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
There will be a Princeton employee out tomorrow morning. Not quite sure if he will have the van or not, but there will be a ride. Hope to see everyone out there!

Mar 3, 2007
Columbia
Looks like riding season is right around the corner! We have been doing this thread for about 3 years now and will continue to attempt to keep up with it this year! Our Sunday Morning Rides will start back up probably late March so keep in tune!

If you are interested in riding during the week or catching a quick ride, road or mountain, then check out our blog! http://princetonsports.blogspot.com. We will be posting up possible upcoming rides, product reviews, and information about upcoming events. Check out our video from Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park in Cleveland on the blog!

We look forward to another good riding season!