Quantcast

Sunday morning Tolt ride?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I have plans later in the day but do have a few hours free in the morning/early afternoon.

I will be riding the tolt/mac tree farm area sunday morning if anyone wants to tag along. I plan on being there around 10:00AM or so. super fun single track with one very small climb at the beginning.

there is a giant rock that I need to run over up there, come along and help me destroy it. :sneaky:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
believe me, I would rather die on ranger then go to the wedding I have to be at. not only am I going to the wedding, I am making the flowery crap the people will be wearing....

:oink:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
pnj, I'll be across the valley at Tokul starting about the same time should you like to go that way. I too am limited for time but will be out there for about 4 hours or so.
However, hitting the rock on Shaefer at Tolt from the non-ladder side should be worth sessioning again. It's pretty tough without a good runup. Conditions may be wet and muggy. A burly thunderboomer rolled through there about 3 to 4:30 today.

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
pnj said:
I have plans later in the day but do have a few hours free in the morning/early afternoon.

I will be riding the tolt/mac tree farm area sunday morning if anyone wants to tag along. I plan on being there around 10:00AM or so. super fun single track with one very small climb at the beginning.

there is a giant rock that I need to run over up there, come along and help me destroy it. :sneaky:
Man....I wish I had saw this post sooner.
A buddy and me are gonna hit up the shuttle at Capital.....ck ya next time pnj

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Tenchiro, was it crowded? Tolt typically is on mornings like this. I almost stopped in to see who was there on my way up stream. We rode for 4 hours and did not see another soul. Happy to say that the trails are in as good or better shape after the MS Ride a couple weeks ago. Some residual wet from the thundershowers yesterday afternoon. Just packed down the dust.
BTW: Look for more trail markings at Tolt soon. Some. But, not too many to make it gaudy up there. Just enough to help people find their way around.

Knobularlife

Monkey
Mar 26, 2002
Lakeweird,WA
Borneo said:
Tenchiro, was it crowded? Tolt typically is on mornings like this. I almost stopped in to see who was there on my way up stream. We rode for 4 hours and did not see another soul. Happy to say that the trails are in as good or better shape after the MS Ride a couple weeks ago. Some residual wet from the thundershowers yesterday afternoon. Just packed down the dust.
BTW: Look for more trail markings at Tolt soon. Some. But, not too many to make it gaudy up there. Just enough to help people find their way around.
Or just follow Skookum :thumb: He knows the flow :dancing:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I would say the place was deserted. sure, we saw a few folks but they were moving slow and easy to deal with. (as apposed to hauling as$, with attitudes)

I would also say that it was pretty dry with just a few puddles. compared to the slop fest of last weekend.

we didn't even ride half the trails there......such a fun place.