Quantcast

sunday or v10

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
i am getting my new ride for 08 and im either getting a new sunday or v10, and yes i kno the v10 is diffrent this year but any review from last year would help. i know that both are awesome bikes im just looking for people that have ridden BOTH bikes, and what you liked more.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Don't take this personal but why can't people who ask for advice give some more detailed information. You mention nothing about the use of the bike, how you ride, size, age, budget, etc.

Anyway both are great bike - test ride them and decide for yourself.

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
Why can't people just make up their own mind? Just do some research on the +/-'s on each bike and decide for youself. At the end of the day, riding style, local terrain and many other factors will determine which bike is the best for you.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Who the hell is gonna know what the '08 V10 will ride like whe its not even out yet?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Now is the time of the thread to start throwing out names of different bikes the OP hadn't asked about.

TheMauler

Monkey
Sep 20, 2007
haha... id say sunday because its a wish list bike, and im a IH fan boy because my yakuza is the **** so im sure so would the sunday

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
ok my bad for not mentioning my riding i will be racing downhill in the north east diablo, platterkill, highland,etc... most of my riding will be at diablo. i try and take the smooth lines so i wouldnt say im exactly a plow rider. and for everyone saying why dont you just ride the 2 i would if i could i have ridden a sunday and it felt great but i have never ridden a v10 nor do i know anyone that owns one. I also know that there are some people riding the 08 prototypes of the new v10. Hoping that some of them would be on here.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
im pretty sure you wont be dissapointed with either, i had a sunday for this season, and i did love it, but it wasnt exactly what i was looking for. Definetly a great bike, but i wanted to see what else was out there. Basically you cant be disspointed with a sunday, or a v10 is all your doing is riding DH, i had a thread on this very thing last year, i dug it up below

enjoy
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173343

Its about the v10 and sunday in pacific northwest riding spots. But the PNW is very rooty, jumpy and somewhat rocky, not sure how that compares with the east coast, the v10 may be suited better for very rocky courses/riding

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
well hopefully i can find someone with a v10 that i can take a run down with before november. The sunday rode really nice and up at diablo everyone has sundays the only problem i have with them is the low BB when i rode it my pedals hit rocks more then i would of liked and i know that has to do with my riding style. If i do go with the sunday i guess i would have to learn how to be more consious of where my pedals are.

factorymx

Monkey
Jul 24, 2007
i work right next door to a bike shop that sells both and i ride with them all the time he said he can get anything so i made sure he could get it before i started looking.

RPG

Monkey
Jun 14, 2004
All over New England
If you are a finesse rider why would you want a bike with 10" of travel? I own an '07 v10 and love it for pure DH. It is definately overkill on the newer groomed trails (Highland's NE Style), but love it on the super techy rocky stuff. I am a plow rider, so it fits me.

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
hey mate, well your in luck because i have just sold my 06 sunday and brought an 07 v10 and i love it...

the sunday was awsome, but im pretty tall so it always felt abit small under me (and the large sunday looks sh*T)... as soon as i go the V10 i felt right at home, and seem to be going alot faster...i also find it does not have as many problems as the sunday....

and please please dont listen to what people say that it is an over kill, you can get any bike through tight jumps and dh, if u learn how...

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
hey mate, well your in luck because i have just sold my 06 sunday and brought an 07 v10 and i love it...

the sunday was awsome, but im pretty tall so it always felt abit small under me (and the large sunday looks sh*T)... as soon as i go the V10 i felt right at home, and seem to be going alot faster...i also find it does not have as many problems as the sunday....

and please please dont listen to what people say that it is an over kill, you can get any bike through tight jumps and dh, if u learn how...
I rode a sunday this year the whole season, 2 friends of mine too, we all had zero problems, so what problems of the sunday are you talking about?

Both are great bikes, but totally differnt concepts.....

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
I rode a sunday this year the whole season, 2 friends of mine too, we all had zero problems, so what problems of the sunday are you talking about?

Both are great bikes, but totally differnt concepts.....
lol yeah sorry should have been more detailed, i meant the 06 and 05 linkage problems...lots of them had it over here in the UK...(oh and the importer is the worse bike company ever..):biggrin:

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
lol yeah sorry should have been more detailed, i meant the 06 and 05 linkage problems...lots of them had it over here in the UK...(oh and the importer is the worse bike company ever..):biggrin:
I agree, some people had problems with the 05/06 Links, but these problems have been sortet with the 07 Links.......

cbdher

Chimp
Jul 22, 2006
First they are both great bikes in there own way. I bought a sunday in 06 used it half a season and hated it had to sell it. I bought a V-10 and loved it changed my riding 100%. I am alittle different I am 6'4" 210 lbs I hit my pedals on everything with the sunday. I would say if you are a smaller guy go with the sunday I do not feel they are for bigger guys at all.