Quantcast

Sunday Slackers

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Awaiting the imminent arrival of middle kid for morning snuggles after her ok to wake green light turns on

Lion King at 1.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20211211-183346_Chrome.jpg

hoarding continues... 36"x36"..limited release....other prints released today.....might pass on those...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
3rd visit to the gym this week. Most Christmas presents purchased including RMSS. Just need to buy some thank you present for some special people.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Errands and working on the countertop today.

Got Haley a helmet yesterday and ordered a neck brace. There was a nasty 4-kart crash that Haley was involved in that left one kid with a vicious case of whiplash and took her from ~25-0mph in 4'. She was also complaining the race prior that her helmet was moving around, because there is only one loaner that fits and someone else got it. So, safety as a realistic priority, $150 later she now has a helmet with a neck brace inbound.

I'm making her agree to get financially committed to any expensive new sports/activities. Whenever she gets money as gifts, half goes into her college savings and the other half has been hers. Now half goes to college savings, quarter goes to activity/sport costs, and the last quarter is hers. She totally agreed when I called out karting as the most expensive of her activities yet, so I'll be getting "repaid" for her helmet and such from Xmas gifts.

Edit: she's really not excited about having to empty the dishwasher.
IMG_20211212_095412_01.jpg

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
safe to say you're also disgusted by the safety car event?

Good morning. Slept like hot garbage. Today is chock full of nonsense, so I'd better get started.
Without even seeing it, I'm guessing something that allowed Ham/Mercedes to somehow, mysteriously win?

edit. Hmm... not what I was expecting.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Errands and working on the countertop today.

Got Haley a helmet yesterday and ordered a neck brace. There was a nasty 4-kart crash that Haley was involved in that left one kid with a vicious case of whiplash and took her from ~25-0mph in 4'. She was also complaining the race prior that her helmet was moving around, because there is only one loaner that fits and someone else got it. So, safety as a realistic priority, $150 later she now has a helmet with a neck brace inbound.

I'm making her agree to get financially committed to any expensive new sports/activities. Whenever she gets money as gifts, half goes into her college savings and the other half has been hers. Now half goes to college savings, quarter goes to activity/sport costs, and the last quarter is hers. She totally agreed when I called out karting as the most expensive of her activities yet, so I'll be getting "repaid" for her helmet and such from Xmas gifts.
Safety equipment is always a good investment.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Mornin.

The day of 40-50mph wind left a mess of things, thankfully it’s just downed trees.
About 15 trees down on the local trails
Just got home for getting that nice 36” red oak out of the trail. Hopefully will get the rest later.
858B3079-162B-405E-A57E-DC31EFEC66C8.jpeg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
safe to say you're also disgusted by the safety car event?
I thought the lap 1 decision was fair as Hamilton had to avoid getting wiped out.
I thought the safety car shenanigans was an unfortunate way for the title to be decided.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Slept in until 10:00, and hot damn, was my wife PISSED.
I guess my body needed the refresh, but she has an insane Protestant work ethic for a Jewish girl.
But that’s why she makes the coin.
She was up at 5:30 chemical-ing the hot tub and such…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went out for breakfast to a local hole in the wall. They had shakshouka, which was most excellent. Their potatoes were something that I'd probably kill for. Will bang again.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Celebrated DN's return to the Monkey by getting rip rolling drunk. I have been relegated to amateur status with that performance. I feel like poo today.