Quantcast

Sunday Top Tube/Sizing

FNF

Chimp
Oct 26, 2007
Whats the Top Tube measurement for the 17" Iron Horse Sunday. From the center of the seatpost to the headtube. I'm 5'7 and mite be able to get a good deal on a 17" and want to know if i would be ok on the slightly larger size compared to the 16" frame. From searching the forum it seems other guys my height are happy with their 17"s and compared to the smaller sized Commencal Supreme DH (which i have had a go on and it felt fine) the medium sunday actually seems to come out smaller in wheelbase and seatpost height so if the sunday's toptube is not much longer than the commencals i should be ok? for reference I'm currently on a bike with a 22" toptube and 30mill stem

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
I don't have the measurements at hand, but I can tell you for a fact that yo will be fine on the size M. I am the same height as you but prefer a smaller bike, I went for a small. I have tried a couple of M's and they fit me fine!

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
IH site lists 17" as 23.5 I'm also 5'7 and have ridden a 19'' Sunday that felt pretty good. I ride a Kumicho normally (17'' with 23.5 TT) and the large Sunday actually felt smaller to me. Just go for it, you wont be sorry!!

FNF

Chimp
Oct 26, 2007
Cheers, with the IH site i just was not sure if the top tube measurement was horizontal or actual?

FNF

Chimp
Oct 26, 2007
The IH site lists the horizontal measurement. Actual is 21.5".
Really are you sure? Thats pretty short for a medium so apart from half an inch more in the seatpost its the same if not smaller than my current bike which is a small :crazy:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Really are you sure? Thats pretty short for a medium so apart from half an inch more in the seatpost its the same if not smaller than my current bike which is a small :crazy:
It's just one measurement and arguably not a very important one. Look at the wheelbase, cs length, front center, and head/seat angles compared to your current bike.

And yes I'm sure. I measured mine when you posted the question.

FNF

Chimp
Oct 26, 2007
Yeh cheers mate and i have taken the other measurements into consideration. Toptube was the only one i didn't accurately know. well safe to say i think a medium would suit my riding style fine because even though im not tall i dont like overly small bikes
cheers dudes