Quantcast

***Sundays GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Awake. More prep for my next interview. Both girls are at birthday parties today, but we might try to squeeze out for some K1 morning laps.

I was putting together footage for the PR guy and came across this from the last race. I knew the kids are tight and hitting on occasion, but damn. They are doing 30+ in a corner here.
Haley and Seb.jpg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wasn’t gonna, then did. Happy about it. More of the same, but with walking, today. Then golf (but not real golf) and car bombs (but not real car bombs) because I’m cliche.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

are you dug out yet, @6thElement?

/me needs to pack up our personal belongings in our various private closets at the mountain house. Our owners block on the calendar is ending as yesterday was the last week of Devo.

then back to Denver for Peter and the Wolf at the symphony with the kids and as much moonlighting as I have hours or patience for.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Hauled 40 lbs of child around for 4 miles yesterday. Its been a while and id be lying if I said I didn't feel that. Props @AngryMetalsmith.

"Lazing" around today. Which really means tending to the ever growing to-do list.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hi friends

I think I like MTB again. Maybe it's discovering trails within riding distance, maybe it's the new bike, I don't really know. I'm having fun again and that's all that matters, I think.

Saw my former direct report on friday evening and a former coworker last night. Both were so kind and it's just so nice to hear- I guess I needed that.

Anyways, happy sunday

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Coffee, eggs, hopefully finishing this kart trailer today. I’d like to get in a quick ride but that’s not looking good.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got a couple free pallets off marketplace and finally fixed the bench. I wasn't as diligent with pulling the cushions off and the rain soaked cushions caused the wood to rot. Go figure. Also got some "picnic table" paint that's totally crap. It's supposed to waterproof, so I will hope for the best. The original deck paint had flaked off quite a bit. Ran a sander over everything before I started. Do another coat today and call it good.

The wife wants to redo (or actually DO) the back yard, so I just wanted to make the bench functional until then.

PXL_20240317_155306082.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Got a couple free pallets off marketplace and finally fixed the bench. I wasn't as diligent with pulling the cushions off and the rain soaked cushions caused the wood to rot. Go figure. Also got some "picnic table" paint that's totally crap. It's supposed to waterproof, so I will hope for the best. The original deck paint had flaked off quite a bit. Ran a sander over everything before I started. Do another coat today and call it good.

The wife wants to redo (or actually DO) the back yard, so I just wanted to make the bench functional until then.
Let me tell you about my wife getting patio furniture. Neither of us have been able to park in the garage since November. Friday night she came home with not 1 but 2 propane fire pits from Costco.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Let me tell you about my wife getting patio furniture. Neither of us have been able to park in the garage since November. Friday night she came home with not 1 but 2 propane fire pits from Costco.
Yeah, the "patio" has been a process. After the tree that was in the corner failed, I poured a small patio and built the bench around it. I strung lights and we had a pit, but we haven't used it much because we hate the neighbors kids. They seem to be older now or something, so we might be able to use it now.

I built raised beds when I first moved in, but they are falling apart now and the bushes we've never liked are looking worse and worse. So if nothing else I will be tearing everything out and at least have a clean slate.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all who celebrate! But, I do not.

I was up early to get a 7 mile jog done, then we had to entertain mom-in-law for brunch. Got a bunch of chores that need some attention right after the end of the West Ham/Aston Villa game.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Went out for a nice ride on the road bike. I was kind of beat from 4 hours in the kayak yesterday so I just kept it at 16mph , stayed in the cardio zone for 70 minutes out of the 75 minutes that I rode.

Oh yeah when I got on the scale this morning I was down to 232 so I have dropped 43 pounds since going on the Thyroid meds. 200 is my goal