Quantcast

***Sundaze GMT***

Fiesta de Carne de Perro

el grabador del assos
May 1, 2020
Have you amigos seen Contagation? It's great, Gwyneth Paltrow's character dies and get autopsied in the first ten minutes. Didn't really watch the rest of it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Saved the in-laws bacon yesterday when I noticed the hose bib was acting awfully weird; turns out it was dumping water into the basement.

Saved my own bacon yesterday when the bolt I dropped in the engine bay, that sadly didn't fall all the way to the ground, and was, after 30 minutes, magnetic wanded out of the deep dark crevasse that is the fan shroud, where it was ready to be launched clear through the radiator the second that fan kicked on.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Will continue work on access trail from our lot to trails, after that, will get the Scout reassembled.
Some trails should be good to go this week. Still undecided whether beer or gin will end the day.

95695020_915549725550652_8747349537149943808_n.jpg

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
A successful Sunderp in le France. Got the vegetable garden prepped for the 50+ New Mexico green chile plants the the wife has been nurturing. Then went to my office and applied on-line for a newer better job at ITER that I will undoubtedly get offered. Chicken tacos tonight, and the prospect that maybe D. Trump will die today.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
IMG_20200503_092945.jpg
IMG_20200503_092916.jpg

I used to race cruiser class when I had a track near me.

The Halo djd supadrive is what makes these bikes sweet.

I actually had the Dartmoor stolen, bought the Dobermann from a friend that had the frame in a shed and rebuilt it with proper sized wheels to race...

Was kinda funny tho, my buddy recovered the Dartmoor for me and as I was riding it I had asked so many people to watch for it, I got tackled by a dude thinking I had stolen it.

Oh my....

Can I get some moar of these please?
What up week that Doberman? Those both look super fun.
To further nerd out, the Dartmoor rides like a dream and in my armchair analysis the sexy single piece hydroformed chainstay is part of that. Not shabby for a 4130 frame that weighs under 2kg.
IMG_20200503_094607.jpg

IMG_20200503_094635.jpg

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
plan was to sleep in but the furballs decided that it was 0630 and they wanted breakfast so they dogpiled on me. dog tongue to the face and jumping on my back :D

Espresso consumed dogs fed and I have no effing clue for the rest of the morning save taking a dump....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
After my tea, this is the morning I start on our bedroom update. Remove furniture and stuff, texture the walls today, let dry, then paint once we decide on color. Ordered flooring, and getting new toilet. Would like to replace tub with a jacuzzi one, however, some limits have to be made right now.....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
whether beer or gin
yes

Bacon, egg omelette, sourdough toasts with avocado and sambal for breakfast, then yard work, veggie slavery, beer and hopefully also a ride in the evening. I am actually enjoying this home-bound lifestyle quite a bit, as does my bank account. To fix the latter, moar knives arriving soon, doh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Will continue work on access trail from our lot to trails, after that, will get the Scout reassembled.
Some trails should be good to go this week. Still undecided whether beer or gin will end the day.

View attachment 144605
and how hyper is your visla?

did not go to blueridge parkway.....

instead.....

unloaded all the shit out of wagon to be washed/vaccumed/detailed by someone other than i....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
E4C76995-2DF7-4AD1-B7B2-565BA5E206E4.jpeg

Stayed up late building this. Technic is more fun to build than plain LEGO. This has linked steering on all axles (via twisting the amber lights on top of the cab) and geared mechanisms for raising the boom, extending it, and lowering/raising the hook with a 2:1 reduction via magic of pulleys.

This afternoon will attempt to launch rocket.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Saved my own bacon yesterday when the bolt I dropped in the engine bay, that sadly didn't fall all the way to the ground, and was, after 30 minutes, magnetic wanded out of the deep dark crevasse that is the fan shroud, where it was ready to be launched clear through the radiator the second that fan kicked on.
Did you find my 10th diff cover bolt from 4 years ago in there by any chance?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ball joint replacement started, but on dad duty while the wife visits her family for a few hours. So I will sit on the patio and drink shitty beer while I watch my neighbors redo their deck instead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going riding with the lady friend today.

I think we have a hortnet/wasp problem in one corner of the roof. Today is pretty much the second consecutive warm day and there are a bunch buzzing around one corner. Any tips? No nest or anything can be seen. Wait until dusk and spray the shit out of the area with killer and hunker down with beers?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Going riding with the lady friend today.

I think we have a hortnet/wasp problem in one corner of the roof. Today is pretty much the second consecutive warm day and there are a bunch buzzing around one corner. Any tips? No nest or anything can be seen. Wait until dusk and spray the shit out of the area with killer and hunker down with beers?
Need to identify what kind of insect first. If it's wood bees they have to be handled differently.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I rode my mountain bike again today. That puts me on track to ride more than the last three years combined. If i get like two more by december, I'll beat the total #sad

That being said, HOLY SHIT....some knucklehead built berms and a booter on the backside of the hill I explored last week...and a second little runout that's all boots n hoes. It's got a built in handy-dandy recycle line and that puts you back up to the top to huck gnar on the way back down.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Need to identify what kind of insect first. If it's wood bees they have to be handled differently.
Its definitely not a carpenter bee, these are bigass wasps or Hornets, not sure which as I haven't gotten close enough to them to see the colour.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
and how hyper is your visla?

did not go to blueridge parkway.....

instead.....

unloaded all the shit out of wagon to be washed/vaccumed/detailed by someone other than i....
hyper level 1, meaning not at all. When we go she goes, but when the day is done she's done. Pretty chill dog most of the time.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ragù alla Bolognese again today. Wonder if anyone is going to start getting bored of it...

Also - 3 sourdough ciabatti in the oven... last go around with ciabatta the loaves were kinda flat - doesn't look like that's going to be a problem this time around. Now if *only* it was tomato-season right now. :(

1588532838385.png

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rained stop and I had time it for a mtb ride and the trails were perfect after we had a month of dry weather. I felt really good one the bike. Just need to get the old rear tire off which is done and losing air too quickly too.

I of course planted some stuff in the garden and then went to an amazing arborate this morning with more than 2000 different trees and shrubs.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon monkeys. Swapping out tires and wheelset on the hardtail because too fat for the road bike. The light weight Fasts Tracks do not hold up well on pavement. I have them on crabon rims rated to 50PSI, any rotatational weight advantage is lost on the contact patch. I'd make a spreadsheet but I am not sure how the gunt factor variables work.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Ragù alla Bolognese again today. Wonder if anyone is going to start getting bored of it...

Also - 3 sourdough ciabatti in the oven... last go around with ciabatta the loaves were kinda flat - doesn't look like that's going to be a problem this time around. Now if *only* it was tomato-season right now. :(

View attachment 144624
Beautiful garnish....but what did you make to actually eat?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just finished made from scratch lemon blueberry pancakes with fresh blueberry compote, eggs and bacon. It’s a little after four in the afternoon. Might need a nap. I don’t know what the fuck people are protesting about. Lock down seems tolerable to me.