Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Getting ready for the movers tomorrow. Not very much fun.
i have learned after moving around a lot not to get attached to furniture.....it goes to good will.

slowly getting rid of books i've read and books i will probably never get around to reading....putting all cds on hard drive and getting rid of them.....no tv....want to get it down to the next time i have to move it will be clothes, laptop, and bikes.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just walked in door after all night drive from Baltimore.
Left at midnight on spur of moment to avoid the daytime shitshow north east roads can be.
Been up for 28hrs. Too old for this shit.

Saw some crazy driving on way:
Driver coming head on to me, going wrong way down I95.
A smattering of clearly loaded people, including an R8 going 40mph on Jersey pike.
A roll over just north of NYC.

Walked in door to see both sons cooking breakfast for mothers day, as id directed them to.
They of course then used that to cock-block me.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bikes.

It seems to be chilly today. I'm having a hard time waking up, I could totally crawl back into bed and go back to sleep. Must resist!

Tacos for dinner. :brows:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Mother's Day flower arrangement was not delivered. Apparently something about being 'overloaded with orders'. Likely excuse - even spoon fed some crappola about coming in a 4am to get orders fulfilled.
In reality the kid instead went to a beach party the night before. Threwup and left.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Another day of struggling to find a T shirt I own without a suspension design. Mom isn't fond of my involvement, so I try to be considerate in not reminding her when I visit.
...and they are all black, and she has a dog that sheds.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Having trouble finding the motivation to ride today. It's cold, wet, and threatening to rain. My wrist still hurts from Thursday's ride, and I'm tired as hell caus the kids haven't been sleeping due to illness. And the kids are acting like crazy assholes so leaving them with mom on mothers day seems inconsiderate...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yesterday afternoon: UPS store dropoff, recycling run (we had more than even our two 95 gallon bins could handle this past two week block), REI return, West Elm return (too-big rug), entered a contest to win a Prius and bought some floormats at the Toyota dealership, Costco gas/return/buying random foodstuffs.

This morning I took it easy by comparison and just pressure washed the winter filth from the garage floor and popped in those all weather floor mats for the wife's vehicle. Toyota doesn't even have a part number any more for floor mats for my 2007--officially too old by that metric.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
made various meals planted plants for teh wife. boys mostly behaving. mother's day mostly successful.

getting ready to go to the annual curator's conference. this year it's in houston. so...meh. however, it's a good opportunity to see most of my colleagues from all over the country and network. drinks are always consumed. so there's that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
made various meals planted plants for teh wife. boys mostly behaving. mother's day mostly successful.

getting ready to go to the annual curator's conference. this year it's in houston. so...meh. however, it's a good opportunity to see most of my colleagues from all over the country and network. drinks are always consumed. so there's that.

But Houston? Who the fuck???

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I cooked myself too and it only took a little over an hour... I took the hardtail to my usual trails and hammered for everything I was worth. I'm super happy with 2014 Sid fork which has an appropriate amount of travel for my local XC trails, so far I haven't felt the need to lock it out on climbs. Today I consistently busted the rear tire loose on out of the saddle climbs, possibly too much air at 35psi. For such a short ride my shoulders are feeling it, maybe a wider bar is in my future.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I cooked myself too and it only took a little over an hour... I took the hardtail to my usual trails and hammered for everything I was worth. I'm super happy with 2014 Sid fork which has an appropriate amount of travel for my local XC trails, so far I haven't felt the need to lock it out on climbs. Today I consistently busted the rear tire loose on out of the saddle climbs, possibly too much air at 35psi. For such a short ride my shoulders are feeling it, maybe a wider bar is in my future.
One of the dudes I ride with has a bum shoulder and recently swapped out his 70mm stem for a fairly short one. We did 40km of riding last weekend and he said it is the best feeling ride he has had in a while. Not sure if placebo effect or not, but... He also already has pretty wide bars, too.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
woods2.jpg
Selfie.jpg
I had a good ride also. Nothing to crazy or long. Climbed Pinnacle without dabbing for the first time this year. Conditions are pretty good. Fun by myself.... jdcamb selfie...

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
One of the dudes I ride with has a bum shoulder and recently swapped out his 70mm stem for a fairly short one. We did 40km of riding last weekend and he said it is the best feeling ride he has had in a while. Not sure if placebo effect or not, but... He also already has pretty wide bars, too.
Yeah, a shorter stem is in the future, that might also help keep weight on the rear tire when I stand.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hey Serial Midget, have you ridden at Lost Trail? Thinking about attending a small shuttle festival there in September, trying to get some beta. You should come down for the Wydaho Festival at Targhee!