Quantcast

***Sunderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Going riding. Lots of work around the house to do. FTS.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rough sleep, but I was at least able to sleep.

I think I'll watch the men's XC race today and hit the shed. Maybe throw a nap in there somewhere.

The hospital gave me morphine and Tylenol 3 yesterday, but the only thing that really helped subdue the pain (or perhaps distracted me from it..) was a good shed session.:rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was awake two hours in the middle of the night because of older kid (he thankfully wasn't awake this long). But that resulted in me sleeping way later than intended. Got some power washing to do, mow the lawn, take the kid to the pool. Looking like ride time might not happen. We'll see.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Thunderping today. The park is super busy, long lines and bros accumulation at trail junctions. I guess I am going to skip the rest of July and August and will come back in September.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I rode Bergen Peak. 1600' vertical up. Downhill was fun but not worth the climb.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Snuck another ride in today with friends. Sandy Ridge was in great shape and it's amazing all the peoples. Yesterday's Growler Gulch tour beat me down... I think that local was trying to see if he could bonk me. 40 miles and 6k for the weekend.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Productive hike this morning. Game camera placed, lots of critters out and about. Hiked into some unknown territory through chest high brush. Caught a few snakes while out..... Coffee to drink

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good dawn patrol ride this am. I shockingly set a few best times, including a climb.

I'm thinking about selling my tri bike, as I don't see myself doing a tri anytime in the next 5 years. I think I can squeeze about $1500 out of it, which with selling the Yeti I think I can net about $2000. That would get me very close to a new mtb. If debating trying to find a 29", 6" trail/enduro bike (does that exist?) or just default to a 27.5". The 29" would work well for my wookie ass, but I still ride like a downhiller. Also cheaper... YT and the direct order manufacturers are hard to challenge pricewise.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Go with crabonz rims on the 29" and you'll have durability and wagon wheel style.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good dawn patrol ride this am. I shockingly set a few best times, including a climb.

I'm thinking about selling my tri bike, as I don't see myself doing a tri anytime in the next 5 years. I think I can squeeze about $1500 out of it, which with selling the Yeti I think I can net about $2000. That would get me very close to a new mtb. If debating trying to find a 29", 6" trail/enduro bike (does that exist?) or just default to a 27.5". The 29" would work well for my wookie ass, but I still ride like a downhiller. Also cheaper... YT and the direct order manufacturers are hard to challenge pricewise.
Capture.JPG

http://www.yeticycles.com/bikes/sb55

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I survived Thunderping today, despite a fair flight after an unexpected OTB at the bottom of Billy Badger. Trails were in primo shape and despite the crowds, I managed to get 12 or 13 runs in. #desperatelywanttobangsoonagain

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
To beat the heat we started the horse show early. home by three. cleaned up the camper and dumped the black and grey water tanks into the sewer clean out at the driveway. Replaced and rewired the sprinkler solenoids to the back yard that the rescue pup chewed to hell. now enjoying a cold drink and crumbled blackened Salmon over kale salad. the dogs look quite happy to be home and sprawled on their doggie beds

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You have my attention... Talked with Wifey about selling things off to offset most of the cost. Now that she has a job, the wallet is not quite as tight. She just wants me training for something if I were to get it, so I might be signing up for the Crested Butte enduro. I'm gonna have to start riding almost daily.

Buddy also pointed out the Evil Wreckoning because it's 160mm vs.140mm of the Yeti. It's $500 more and I'd be immediately dropping another $150 on new tires. Kind of getting to the top of the range, I think.

We talked about Haley's bed too and she's okay using fir, but better quality from the lumber yard vs. HD. That drops the cost from the poplar option substantially, to probably less than $350 for wood, appropriate screws, and appropriate tools. Turns out a buddy has a 10" mitre saw that I will be able to use for the cost of a new blade.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You have my attention... Talked with Wifey about selling things off to offset most of the cost. Now that she has a job, the wallet is not quite as tight. She just wants me training for something if I were to get it, so I might be signing up for the Crested Butte enduro. I'm gonna have to start riding almost daily.

Buddy also pointed out the Evil Wreckoning because it's 160mm vs.140mm of the Yeti. It's $500 more and I'd be immediately dropping another $150 on new tires. Kind of getting to the top of the range, I think.

We talked about Haley's bed too and she's okay using fir, but better quality from the lumber yard vs. HD. That drops the cost from the poplar option substantially, to probably less than $350 for wood, appropriate screws, and appropriate tools. Turns out a buddy has a 10" mitre saw that I will be able to use for the cost of a new blade.
Guerilla Gravity. They are made in CO.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Guerilla Gravity. They are made in CO.
I had an unpleasant interaction with a few of them this am and good friends have had the same interactions. Not really feeling that. Also, I'm getting carbon again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Don't go full OCD123 on finish sanding and painting on soft woods like fir or select pine. You'll find that it gets dinged up as you're moving it around, making it nearly impossible to achieve a perfect smooth surface. Plus kids beat the shit out of stuff anyway. No need to play Sisyphus.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Don't go full OCD123 on finish sanding and painting on soft woods like fir or select pine. You'll find that it gets dinged up as you're moving it around, making it nearly impossible to achieve a perfect smooth surface. Plus kids beat the shit out of stuff anyway. No need to play Sisyphus.
Definitely not. I'll sand off the clear roughness, but I'll use the 'good enough' standard for this one. The hardest part will be that Wifey wants a stair set now:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Definitely not. I'll sand off the clear roughness, but I'll use the 'good enough' standard for this one. The hardest part will be that Wifey wants a stair set now:
Ask the missus to help you and give her some boards to sand, that should discourage her from wanting stairs.

Oh, wait, she's preggers isn't she ? Better start researching children's size staircase plans.

:rofl: